cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 08:08 AM   #11
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

The UNLV job is nothing but trouble. How can it be anything else in one of the most decadent cities in the country?

The only reason Kruger hasn't had trouble is because his kids is on the team and Kruger won't let his son feel the wrath of NCAA sanctions.

Goatnapper is right about a guy like Theus - he fits UNLV.

As for Utah sucking as much as he says it will, I wouldn't bet on it. Hill has made one mistake in hiring coaches of the major sports and he won't make another.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:11 PM   #12
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
Nothing like shit talk from a fan of a program that has advanced past the second round of the NCAA tournament a grand total of once, and hasn't won a tournament game in over 10 years.

The MWC lost a lot and it is wide open next year. The Utes with the right coaching hire, could easily be back in the top 3 of the conference and with the right breaks could win it. Mr Napper, you need to stop taking smack lessons from the likes of Utes38 these days.
Funk, right now BYU is in every position to talk shit. Perhaps you and I have different perspectives but the first principle and ordinance of any shittalking event is direct comparison. I will openly admit that BYU is not a great program that wins NCAA games, but as far as I can tell from this present situation they are significantly better than the U of U.

Some teams suffer excruciating season ending losses in mid March...others suffer ignominious season ending defeats before Thanksgiving.

But if you assert Utah is likely to improve, I agree. To what extent is the question.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:46 PM   #13
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
The UNLV job is an enigma. A lot of coaches stay clear of that area simply because of the ease of potential problems. They will get some coaches interested but they will get a lot more that will not coach there.

To be honest, I am not quite sure how they got Kruger. But, their alums and many others are really pushing for them to go after Theus if Kruger leaves. I don't see UNLV really being a huge contender for a bunch of coaches to Utah.

There is no surprise that Hill has not found someone yet. Monty and Krysko appear to be the main targets . Few expected Monty to leave retirement for the job...and Krysko took an NBA head coaching job. Not a big surprise. Most people thought that the earliest that Utah would get a new coach would be this week (after the first weekend of the tourney). I woudn't be surprised if it still takes another week due to the tourney and interviewing schedules, etc.
Montgomery would have been a bad choice, most likely. John Robinson at UNLV redux. He said himself he lacked the fire in his belly.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:48 PM   #14
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Funk, right now BYU is in every position to talk shit. Perhaps you and I have different perspectives but the first principle and ordinance of any shittalking event is direct comparison. I will openly admit that BYU is not a great program that wins NCAA games, but as far as I can tell from this present situation they are significantly better than the U of U.

Some teams suffer excruciating season ending losses in mid March...others suffer ignominious season ending defeats before Thanksgiving.

But if you assert Utah is likely to improve, I agree. To what extent is the question.
Present situation? Present situation is the offseason. Last I checked BYU lost in a manner that established itself as the no. 2 team in the MWC and shamed our conference. BYU was no. 2 for one year. Everything is the past presently. BYU sucks.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:53 AM   #15
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Present situation? Present situation is the offseason. Last I checked BYU lost in a manner that established itself as the no. 2 team in the MWC and shamed our conference. BYU was no. 2 for one year. Everything is the past presently. BYU sucks.
Hey dickhead, the point is simple..whatever BYU does, Utah presently does it worse. Now if we wanted shit from JetBlue's sidekick we would squeeze your head. So climb back into your metaphysical world with your faggity NW granola yuppie lawyer buddies and kiss our collective ass. You see right now you are owned so bend over, shave and beg us go go gently.

You can also come back to Church where we will love you as one of our own.

Ere you left your room this morning.....
Old 03-21-2007, 01:04 AM   #16
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Hey dickhead, the point is simple..whatever BYU does, Utah presently does it worse. Now if we wanted shit from JetBlue's sidekick we would squeeze your head. So climb back into your metaphysical world with your faggity NW granola yuppie lawyer buddies and kiss our collective ass. You see right now you are owned so bend over, shave and beg us go go gently.

You can also come back to Church where we will love you as one of our own.

Ere you left your room this morning.....
Oh my gosh, i cant stop laughing. Seattle I am sorry this is the funniest post i have ever read.