cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 08:10 PM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ULCER list...

What do I need to bring for ulcer?! Here's my checklist I'm picking up tonight...

Shot Blocks (i don't know what they are)
Gu (I think i know what that is)
Wheat thins....CHECK
2 water bottles for the bike (do i freeze them tonight?)
1 for the jersey
cream for my chode? what?

Laziness has gotten the better of me this last month and I've done virtually nothing...

I'm going to die.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:12 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

chamois cream helps prevent saddle soreness. vaseline works as well.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:16 PM   #3
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I've never used any saddle cream and have never had a problem with saddle sores or chafing. Other people can't do 20 miles without some irritation.

Might I suggest if Pride has not had any problems in this area before to not try anything new before an "epic" ride.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:17 PM   #4
bYuPride

Quote:
chamois cream. so if i just put it all over where my skin where it's going to touch the saddle i should be okay? i'll read the instructions too..

this should do right?
http://www.rei.com/product/723140?vcat=REI_SEARCH
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.

Last edited by bYuPride; 08-10-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:18 PM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
chamois cream. so if i just put it all over where my skin where it's going to touch the saddle i should be okay? i'll read the instructions too..
Just hand it the tube of creme to Adam. He'll apply it for you.

If he balks, tell him your shorts are ripped.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:23 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Btw, have fun. That's the main goal. I'm jealous of you guys. Be careful though that some idiot doesn't take you down.

And before you start, adjust Archaea's brake so that it rubs his wheel.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:29 PM   #7
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
I've never used any saddle cream and have never had a problem with saddle sores or chafing. Other people can't do 20 miles without some irritation.

Might I suggest if Pride has not had any problems in this area before to not try anything new before an "epic" ride.
Bump, just in case Pride missed my well-thought out and articulate post, as he posted at almost the exact same moment.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:33 PM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:

Chamois cream won't hurt. And given that he doesn't have experience at this distance, I think he's not proven himself as someone that won't have problems.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:48 PM   #9
bYuPride

Quote:
Btw, have fun. That's the main goal. I'm jealous of you guys. Be careful though that some idiot doesn't take you down.

And before you start, adjust Archaea's brake so that it rubs his wheel.
I'm sure I'll have fun... I just want to be prepared so I don't get wasted too quickly..

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 08-10-2007, 08:57 PM   #10
bYuPride

Quote:

I've never had any problems with chafing and I'm a little leery of the chode cream but if it is going to help and it's recommended then I'll pick it up..

"I'm on my beater bike"