cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 06:06 PM   #11
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I don't think the A&M job is very attractive. The expectations are tremendous, and if you have a couple of seasons where expectations aren't met, the fans will turn on your big time. It's going to be a challenge to follow Gillispie.

Maybe they will hire Majerus. Majerus in College Station. That would be funny.
I think Majerus is done coaching. He has it too good now - all of the restaurants and none of the stress of coaching.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:10 PM   #12
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I think Majerus is done coaching. He has it too good now - all of the restaurants and none of the stress of coaching.
He better be careful or he may not survive long with his history of heart problems and obesity. I worry he will not last long enough to lear to say "aw-fense" rather than "oh-fence".
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #13
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
The Kansas St job also opened up with Huggins going to West Virginia.
Is this an attractive job to anyone? I can't imagine K State being much of a draw to any big time coaches. Very little tradition in hoops, and until recently football, plus you have to compete with the Jayhawks.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:11 PM   #14
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually don't think the A&M job is that bad of a job for hoops. They have had ZERO tradition in hoops and their program has been in shambles. Gillespie has changed some of those feelings...but I really think if a coach comes in and gets to the NCAA tourney every once in a while, he will be set for a long time.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:13 PM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
I actually don't think the A&M job is that bad of a job for hoops. They have had ZERO tradition in hoops and their program has been in shambles. Gillespie has changed some of those feelings...but I really think if a coach comes in and gets to the NCAA tourney every once in a while, he will be set for a long time.
never underestimate an Aggie's hatred of the Longhorns. Now that he has gotten a taste of besting the Longhorns, he won't be satisfied with mediocrity.

If I were wrong, then RC Slocum would still be coach.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:18 PM   #16
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Aggies must be the worst fans; I could not imagine ever coaching there.

Bear Bryant even knew it was wise to leave. If the Bear left, so should ever other right minded individual.

Of the many hotseat jobs, there are few worse than aTm.

In basketball, Kentucky is the worst of the worst.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:33 AM   #17
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Katz says A&M is considering Gregg Marshall. Also says Marshall will go if offered.

I guess A&M is a couple of notches higher than Utah. If not a dozen.

As far as A&M fans being bad, I don't know, after they never boo their team and coahes. Except for when they do.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:28 AM   #18
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

A&M fans are delusional if they think they are a basketball power. Just like K-state fans were delusional if they expected Huggins to stay more than one year.

Huggins needed a job after the drunk driving incident and the NCAA violations to lay low for a while. K-state was the perfect job a Big 12 school with fairly deep pockets, they were under achievers but were not far away from being mediocre. He made K-state mediocre parlayed it in to the WVA job which in a year or two he will use to take one of the elite jobs in the country.

A&M with Law graduating will fall back in to mediocrity and continue to fight the good fight for those NIT berths. Zulu i am sorry to say but get used to the 16-18 win seasons because you will be back there very shortly.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:30 AM   #19
Zulu451
house-elf 3rd class

Zulu451 is on a distinguished road

I am just comming out of the comma from taking a handfull of prozac and giving myself a shot in the ass of thorazine.

I have been doing heart surgery all day today and have not been able to follow the whole story. Needless to say, it sucks.
Zulu451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:38 AM   #20
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu451 View Post
I am just comming out of the comma from taking a handfull of prozac and giving myself a shot in the ass of thorazine.

I have been doing heart surgery all day today and have not been able to follow the whole story. Needless to say, it sucks.
Cheer up. Look when ya'll stole Dennis Franchione from us eventually we got Nick Saban. Hopefully you won't have to endure someone like Mike Shula first.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote