cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 04:01 PM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
I guess I should be concerned with hanging on somebody's wheel.
We actually want two groups.

One who for those who wish to hammer with Q, and one who wish to meander. I believe my wife will do the meandering. And then we'll meet up at the end for a dinner or something.

Again I don't know if I have time to get into shape to hammer with Almighty Q and the former pro Viking. You have no idea how fast pros can go. We got to ride with Tyler Hamilton, and he wasn't puffing at all, while we had our hearts in our throats. The difference between pro and rec is worlds apart. He probably laughed at us.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:10 PM   #12
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
We actually want two groups.

One who for those who wish to hammer with Q, and one who wish to meander. I believe my wife will do the meandering. And then we'll meet up at the end for a dinner or something.

Again I don't know if I have time to get into shape to hammer with Almighty Q and the former pro Viking. You have no idea how fast pros can go. We got to ride with Tyler Hamilton, and he wasn't puffing at all, while we had our hearts in our throats. The difference between pro and rec is worlds apart. He probably laughed at us.
I'm definitely going to meander... although hammering it out for a while seems intriguing.. I have a lot of blind enthusiasm.. I tend not to think of the consequences when it's too late. I'm going to have to rent or check out some DVD's or something. That would be fun to watch. Hell, I'm already in awe some of the riders around here, let alone pros.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:14 PM   #13
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I forgot, creekster is the Meister, when he's on his game. I'm bringing a 27 year old up and coming stud as well as a 17 year old newbie, to pull me along, because reading about Q's greatness, and knowing Viking's rep has me worried I'll be dropped in the first twenty minutes (usually my weakest time).
Do the rest of you guys feel like you're getting set up to be blown away by Arch? I'm taking the family to Maui the week before the ride and I plan on coming back fat and lazy. Maybe I can be like the pace setter they have in track events. I'll ride like crazy for 20 and then pull over and let you guys keep going.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:22 PM   #14
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
Do the rest of you guys feel like you're getting set up to be blown away by Arch? I'm taking the family to Maui the week before the ride and I plan on coming back fat and lazy. Maybe I can be like the pace setter they have in track events. I'll ride like crazy for 20 and then pull over and let you guys keep going.
Arch makes me laugh. He thinks he's fooling everybody but he's clearly sandbagging.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:09 AM   #15
tkh9

tkh9

Quote:
This one guy is our group brought his daughter (mid 20's) to our group ride last night. I anticipated a slow ride but she hung right in there. The only time she struggled to keep up is when we would crank it up into the high 20's. So if any of you single guys are looking for a cute girl (RM also) that can cruise on a bike come join us on our rides.
Too bad I live in Utah County. I could use the hookup.
tkh9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:14 AM   #16
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkh9 View Post
Too bad I live in Utah County. I could use the hookup.
I just learned today that she lives in SLC and was just up for the day. Her dad said she is looking for people to ride with down there.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:50 AM   #17
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Do the rest of you guys feel like you're getting set up to be blown away by Arch?
Well, he's not exactly subtle.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:58 PM   #18
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Well, he's not exactly subtle.
I'm honest. If you expect anything from me as a newbie, they you are fooling yourselves. In addition, personal circumstances have rendered this year and the most trying year of my life.

We should have fun, and I hope the strong ones work for the weaker, less experienced riders.

Creek and I have often wondered how good Viking is, but we imagine he's probably old school, techically amazing, a gutsy in your fact type, who just rip your heart out up the hills and down the flats.

Goose and his brother are by reputation amazing. I hear his brother is national caliber.

Q toots his own horn of an indefinite thirty. That comment will forever. Every time I'm pushing myself and I see I'm not doing thirty, which is every time on the flats, I'm thinking, Q would be kicking my ass.

I still hear echos from the past of Creekster cranking out the 4:40 century. It might be hard at ULCER as its a longish century in 111, but we should be able to do it with the crew we have.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:24 PM   #19
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

My only strength is that I am good at Miking.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:35 PM   #20
Quisqueyano

Quisqueyano

Quote:
I'm honest. If you expect anything from me as a newbie, they you are fooling yourselves. In addition, personal circumstances have rendered this year and the most trying year of my life.

We should have fun, and I hope the strong ones work for the weaker, less experienced riders.

Creek and I have often wondered how good Viking is, but we imagine he's probably old school, techically amazing, a gutsy in your fact type, who just rip your heart out up the hills and down the flats.

Goose and his brother are by reputation amazing. I hear his brother is national caliber.

Q toots his own horn of an indefinite thirty. That comment will forever. Every time I'm pushing myself and I see I'm not doing thirty, which is every time on the flats, I'm thinking, Q would be kicking my ass.

I still hear echos from the past of Creekster cranking out the 4:40 century. It might be hard at ULCER as its a longish century in 111, but we should be able to do it with the crew we have.
I think you talk more about my abilities than anybody on here. in fact, I freely share the details of my bad days. Of which there are many. The last 2 have been horrible.
Quisqueyano is offline   Reply With Quote