cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 12:32 AM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Everybody participating send me your stuff

via boardmail so I can register us with the UCLER.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:23 AM   #2
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
via boardmail so I can register us with the UCLER.
what kind of stuff do you need?
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:30 AM   #3
Archaea

Here:
  1. Each team rider must register as an individual
  2. If individually registered riders want to ride as a team a team captain must be identified. The team captain will register the team.
  3. Teams will be composed of a minimum of three riders and a maximum of six riders.
  4. Teams will be registered in one of the following Classifications
  5. a. Men
    • i. Club (Cat 1 - 4 riders)
      ii. Citizen (Cat 5 and non-categorized riders)
      iii. Corporate (Cat 5 and non-categorized riders)
      iv. Masters (Age 45 or greater)
  6. b. Women
  7. c. Co-Ed (At least one rider of each gender)
  8. All riders (team or individuals) will be given a wrist band to identify them as a registered rider. team members will be given a bib that indicates they are a member of a team.
  9. Only the team captain has to "register" so team composition can change up to start time
  10. If a team captain is replaced an email, naming the new team captain, must be sent to ulcer@bbtc.net not later than Noon on Aug 9. No changes will be accepted after that time/date.
  11. If riders want to form a team after all have registered as individuals but no team captain has been identified the team can be registered by sending an email containing the name of the team captain and the team name to ulcer@bbtc.net not later than Noon on Aug 9. Team registrations will not be accepted after that time/date
  12. Team captains, and thus teams, must be identified not later than Noon on Aug 9, NO DAY OF TEAM REGISTRATION.
  13. Because team members do not have to be identified prior to the event, changes in team composition can be made right up to the start time.
  14. Team captains (or designated representative) may pick up the team registration packet at early packet pickup times or the day of the event. The team packet will contain six bibs and a set of team rules. (Note: Only properly registered riders are eligible to participate on a team)
  15. Each team member must display the team bib on their jersey so the rider can be easily identified.
  16. All registered teams will start the ride before the individual riders are allowed on the course.
  17. The start time of each team will be recorded
  18. Teams must stay on the marked course (Epic Century) and follow all applicable traffic laws. Spotters and SAG drivers will observe teams throughout the ride and may disqualify a team if these rules are not followed.
  19. There will be two undisclosed check points on the Epic Century route. To be eligible for a team award, team members must pass through both check points.
  20. The elapsed time of each team member will be recorded at the finish line and the team will be given the time of the third team member. (Note. For co-ed teams, the team time will be based on the time of the third team member where both genders are represented. For example, if a team is composed of three women and one man and the three women finish prior to the man the team time will be that of the man.)
  21. Times of all teams will be posted on the team scoreboard.
  22. Times, as recorded by the event staff are final. No bitch'n.
  23. Awards (Bragging Rights) will be given to the fist three places in each Classification.
Download printable copy of these team event guidelines team rules.
Team Event Guidelines
Old 07-03-2007, 02:16 PM   #4
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point

Still debating...still debating.

What is the latest date you would want to have us sign up?
Old 07-03-2007, 02:21 PM   #5
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Borg View Post
Still debating...still debating.

What is the latest date you would want to have us sign up?
You're signing up. You made a promise, unless you want to be considered a Ute, you're signing up.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:37 PM   #6
The Borg

Quote:
You're signing up. You made a promise, unless you want to be considered a Ute, you're signing up.
"Yewt"? <<hack...spit...cough>>

Ha! Well, I did say I was riding the Ulcer...until two phillies asked me to ride somewhere else! No offense, but I'm kinda thinkin' you're not a cute as they are, and our history doesn't go back 20 years.

And the icing on the cake....you'r bringing in major ringers! You would surely leave me literally in the Utah County dust. You're bringing in semi-pro cyclists?!?! They'll surely pull the group around at a blistering pace. Please give me a report on how you fared!

Only Pride will know if I am there or not now!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:49 PM   #7
Archaea

Quote:
"Yewt"? <<hack...spit...cough>>

Ha! Well, I did say I was riding the Ulcer...until two phillies asked me to ride somewhere else! No offense, but I'm kinda thinkin' you're not a cute as they are, and our history doesn't go back 20 years.

And the icing on the cake....you'r bringing in major ringers! You would surely leave me literally in the Utah County dust. You're bringing in semi-pro cyclists?!?! They'll surely pull the group around at a blistering pace. Please give me a report on how you fared!

Only Pride will know if I am there or not now!
Pride says you're better than all of us. After hearing how good Viking is, one of the guys backed out. He didn't know there would be somebody better than Dave Francis in the group. On a tough ride, we can't hang with Francis, yet Viking toasts Francis. Guys unless we take hooks we won't hang with Viking, trust me. Francis is that good and Viking toasted him.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:36 PM   #8
The Borg

Quote:
Pride says you're better than all of us. After hearing how good Viking is, one of the guys backed out. He didn't know there would be somebody better than Dave Francis in the group. On a tough ride, we can't hang with Francis, yet Viking toasts Francis. Guys unless we take hooks we won't hang with Viking, trust me. Francis is that good and Viking toasted him.
I paid Pride $50.00 to say that...but now, when push comes to shove, and I'm outted...I'm a hack.

I'm out of my league with you Arch.

Pride could hang just because he's so young and determined and sheer will. Me? I'm a wuss.

If I go, I'll meet up with ya, but I'll ride with Group B...or Group C...or...
Old 07-03-2007, 03:42 PM   #9
Archaea

Quote:
I paid Pride $50.00 to say that...but now, when push comes to shove, and I'm outted...I'm a hack.

I'm out of my league with you Arch.

Pride could hang just because he's so young and determined and sheer will. Me? I'm a wuss.

If I go, I'll meet up with ya, but I'll ride with Group B...or Group C...or...
Well if you don't show, you suck a la Bernard as a human being, not as a cyclist.

We need you and it will be good prep for the next week, show up sucker.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:59 PM   #10
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Archaea you're killing me with this stuff. Francis toyed with us the other night and is by far the best cyclist I have ever rode with. I guess when he was a junior he was room mates with Hincapie at Colorado Springs. He was just riding with us as a favor to the guy who is leaving for Uganda on his mission. I really am just a fat old guy on an old bike trying to keep it upright.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote