cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
Archaea you're killing me with this stuff. Francis toyed with us the other night and is by far the best cyclist I have ever rode with. I guess when he was a junior he was room mates with Hincapie at Colorado Springs. He was just riding with us as a favor to the guy who is leaving for Uganda on his mission. I really am just a fat old guy on an old bike trying to keep it upright.
Of course, I know who Francis is, but I can't stay with him unless he lets me. I've been in groups where he starts out, but never finished with his group. Why? Because he's good and I suck comparatively.

Why would he not know me? Because the leaders of the pack never know the scumsuckers at the back. He's a skinny little fart.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:15 PM   #12
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Of course, I know who Francis is, but I can't stay with him unless he lets me. I've been in groups where he starts out, but never finished with his group. Why? Because he's good and I suck comparatively.

Why would he not know me? Because the leaders of the pack never know the scumsuckers at the back. He's a skinny little fart.
He is built like a cyclist. At the end of our ride last week my neighbor and I just started laughing because it was so much faster then it normally is. I hurt so bad but it felt so good to cruise like that. He's on a whole different level.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:30 PM   #13
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
He is built like a cyclist. At the end of our ride last week my neighbor and I just started laughing because it was so much faster then it normally is. I hurt so bad but it felt so good to cruise like that. He's on a whole different level.
The fact you were able to stay with him makes me worried, because you'll just dump me. On a climb, I have no hope of ever seeing his skinny little ass. On flats we have others who can stay with him, but he's competed against nationally rated climbers and he won Lotoja for the pros.

I am novice, so have mercy on me.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:58 PM   #14
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Borg View Post
I paid Pride $50.00 to say that...but now, when push comes to shove, and I'm outted...I'm a hack.

I'm out of my league with you Arch.

Pride could hang just because he's so young and determined and sheer will. Me? I'm a wuss.

If I go, I'll meet up with ya, but I'll ride with Group B...or Group C...or...
Hey you gave me $25! I'm not sure I'll be hanging with anybody. I may good for a burst of energy or 2, but I have never gone long distances so ULCER will be good for me.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:06 PM   #15
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys are all starting to tick me off. It sounds like everyone else ranges from young and willing, if inexperienced (and don't undersestimate youth) to older but very experienced and good. I, OTOH, have been compoleetely honest and accurate by saying I am a fat old guy with no legs left, yet no one believes me. Let me repreat it now: I am a fat old guy wiht no legs left.

I will not ride with RC, or Francis or Arch or anyone that is even thinking about a 5 hour ride. I just won't be able to do it. I make no apologiues, it's just where i am at now. You other guiys are just killing me.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:12 PM   #16
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
You guys are all starting to tick me off. It sounds like everyone else ranges from young and willing, if inexperienced (and don't undersestimate youth) to older but very experienced and good. I, OTOH, have been compoleetely honest and accurate by saying I am a fat old guy with no legs left, yet no one believes me. Let me repreat it now: I am a fat old guy wiht no legs left.

I will not ride with RC, or Francis or Arch or anyone that is even thinking about a 5 hour ride. I just won't be able to do it. I make no apologiues, it's just where i am at now. You other guiys are just killing me.
Let it be known right now: IF I ride the Ulcer, I'm hanging with Creekster...at least for as long as I can. I fit more closely to his description than anything else I've read on this board!

Creek- do you need a slow, moving wall in front of you? Because of the sheer lard volume moving in front of you it would create a wind vortex so powerful that it would even confuse the most inclined NASA/aeronautical engineer - would that be of interest to you?
Old 07-03-2007, 10:16 PM   #17
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post

I am neither young, nor experienced, nor talented. And Viking is scaring the literal crap out of me, having found Francis to be a nice ride along. I think, if Creek is not lying and I never trust another lawyer for complete honesty, that Creek may be more my speed as it appears between Viking Goose, Q and the young bucks, that my talentless level won't carry me.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:19 PM   #18
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point

Arch - put it this way...can you hang with your wife? If you can ride with your wife, and from your description of how much she rides, you're significantly more swift on the bike than I.

Your wife would kick my butt from the description you have provided of her workouts and time she spends on the bike.

I'm doing good to get 100 miles a week right now...and a significant amount of those miles are coming on the weekends.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #19
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

so what's the team name i need to put in? nevermind.. i'm not a team captain.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #20
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
so what's the team name i need to put in? nevermind.. i'm not a team captain.
Guardians I and II.