cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball

Old 03-20-2016, 06:06 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gonzaga vs. Utah

I loved watching that beatdown.

Before the game I said that the Gonzaga guards would be the x-factor. They are great defenders, but at times have been completely absent on offense. Not last night. They lit it up and vastly outplayed the Utah guards.

They turned Utah's strength of size and length against them, by staying small and dominating from the outside.

And then you have that great front line of Sabonis and Wiltjer, with W stretching the floor.

Utah looked completely befuddled. And Poetl looked hapless. Just last week Simmons was speculating that someone like Poetl could go off in the tournament and a team could fall in love with a player like him and take him ahead of Simmons. Poetl may have just played himself out of the lottery. He lost a ton of money last night.

And Coach 80k looked like an imbecile in a suit. I hope he takes a job elsewhere, sick of his mug. He doesn't belong in the state of Utah. They need someone who gives a sh*t about something besides himself.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:03 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I loved watching that beatdown.

Before the game I said that the Gonzaga guards would be the x-factor. They are great defenders, but at times have been completely absent on offense. Not last night. They lit it up and vastly outplayed the Utah guards.

They turned Utah's strength of size and length against them, by staying small and dominating from the outside.

And then you have that great front line of Sabonis and Wiltjer, with W stretching the floor.

Utah looked completely befuddled. And Poetl looked hapless. Just last week Simmons was speculating that someone like Poetl could go off in the tournament and a team could fall in love with a player like him and take him ahead of Simmons. Poetl may have just played himself out of the lottery. He lost a ton of money last night.

And Coach 80k looked like an imbecile in a suit. I hope he takes a job elsewhere, sick of his mug. He doesn't belong in the state of Utah. They need someone who gives a sh*t about something besides himself.
It was wonderful to behold. And I thought to myself, BYU beat this team and could have won one of the two it lost. Utah had no possibility of competing with Gonzaga.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:34 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

When BYU beat Gonzaga, the Gonzaga guard played like garbage. Had the Gonzaga guards played half as well as they did against Utah, BYU would have lost very handily.

Utah dominated BYU. My impression was that the teams were not very close in terms of ability and performance. I think I said that in ten meetings, I would expect Utah to win 8. Maybe I said 7. (One caveat is that game for BYU was an away game, not a neutral game). But BYU has improved since then. Fischer has gotten better, more dangerous on offense. Seljaas has emerged. Team defense has improved a little.

But the biggest factor for Utah is that Utah has an potential lottery pick on its roster, and BYU doesn't. BYU doesn't have an NBA player on its roster.

Loveridge was the first major recruit for Utah in terms of their turning the program around. The first traitor. That is why he deserved an all-time disappearing act choke-job in his final appearance. Please enjoy playing in Kzyrkistan Mr. Loveridge.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote