cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 07:55 PM   #1
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some of the follow up to this post is

evident why some good people just aren't comfortable around the BYU environment.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=2837240

Some very good people don't like the idea they have to be "told" to do everything.

Take the honor code. How cool would it be if BYU had the honor code if there wasn't all the intimidation involved too. What if the kids lived the code because they believed in it.

I lived the honor code while attending BYU. I also lived the honor code while I attended Utah. I am more proud of living it while at Utah. No one stood over my shoulder forcing me to do it.

Maybe the kid just didn't want to be around the attitude expressed in this post. Quite frankly and everyone knows it, this is where I part company with many of my fellow BYU fans.

They think just because someone doesn't want to be compelled to doing the right thing, they are somehow of lesser character.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:58 PM   #2
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
evident why some good people just aren't comfortable around the BYU environment.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=2837240

Some very good people don't like the idea they have to be "told" to do everything.

Take the honor code. How cool would it be if BYU had the honor code if there wasn't all the intimidation involved too. What if the kids lived the code because they believed in it.

I lived the honor code while attending BYU. I also lived the honor code while I attended Utah. I am more proud of living it while at Utah. No one stood over my shoulder forcing me to do it.

Maybe the kid just didn't want to be around the attitude expressed in this post. Quite frankly and everyone knows it, this is where I part company with many of my fellow BYU fans.

They think just because someone doesn't want to be compelled to doing the right thing, they are somehow of lesser character.
I think the kid is a pussy, and he doesnt do well with authority. He has another thing coming, he is going to be told what to do for the rest of his life, so he better get used to it. What kind of person fakes the spirit that little bastard.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I treated parts of the honor code like I treat Jefe's rules.

I follow them for the most part, push the boundaries, and occasionally take the "professional foul".
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:01 PM   #4
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I think the kid is a pussy, and he doesnt do well with authority. He has another thing coming, he is going to be told what to do for the rest of his life, so he better get used to it. What kind of person fakes the spirit that little bastard.
You must have missed the part where he said he isn't smart enough to be at BYU. That counters the "I don't want to be told what to do thing."

This latest stuff will put a damper on the Cougar fans who were saying that is OK and we wish you luck. We will now move onto "he not only isn't smart enough, but he isn't worthy to be with us."

Here at BYU we love being told what to do all the time. We are developing our obedience skills.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:01 PM   #5
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

I follow them for the most part, push the boundaries, and occasionally take the "professional foul".
With the love affair between you and Robin, sounds like you more than pushed the boundaries.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:03 PM   #6
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

I now know if I didn't think I could follow all of them, I wouldn't go and wouldn't sign.

Most people feel like you though Mike and that is why I consider the honor code and Jefes rules, a joke.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:09 PM   #7
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

I don't know if I will ever love football so much that I will get foam-at-the-mouth worked up over the whims of 18-year-old (or 21-year-old) boys. They're young. They're supposed to be stupid. Comes with the territory.

Grown men who still beat their chests over Ben Olson (etc) need to stop reliving being turned down by the high school hottie for prom.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:11 PM   #8
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I don't know if I will ever love football so much that I will get foam-at-the-mouth worked up over the whims of 18-year-old (or 21-year-old) boys. They're young. They're supposed to be stupid. Comes with the territory.

Grown men who still beat their chests over Ben Olson (etc) need to stop reliving being turned down by the high school hottie for prom.
I am curious as to what this kid did that was stupid in your mind. Commit to BYU during an emotional moment. Decommit from BYU? Share his spiritual moment with TBS. Share his educational excuse with the media. Share his I don't want to be told moment.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:11 PM   #9
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I am curious as to what this kid did that was stupid in your mind. Commit to BYU during an emotional moment. Decommit from BYU? Share his spiritual moment with TBS. Share his educational excuse with the media. Share his I don't want to be told moment.
All of the above?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:14 PM   #10
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I was speaking generally, not of this particular person. Frankly I don't follow recruiting that much, and for this very reason.

Substitute "stupid" with your choice: irrational, emotional, immature, selfish. Take your pick. It's part of being a dumb teenager. Part of having them come to college and be a part of the football program is to teach them how not to be like that.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote