cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 12:57 AM   #1
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Internet help?

My internet is acting up. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

I've got a wireless router. Wired connections to it work fine (xbox live functions no problem). The wireless connection says it is connected to my encrypted connection "excellent". The wireless works sometimes, but not others. When trying to load a web page, explorer will time out and give me an error saying there is no connection to the internet. But sometimes it works (I'm able to post here).

I try troubleshooting my connection with Windows Live Messenger, and it will get caught up at "Default Gateway" and "Key Ports". Repairing generally doesnt work, but works sometimes for a little while, then the connection goes south again.

I'm able to connect to an unencrypted wireless network nearby and everything functions fine; it is a problem with my connection/router. I've tried power-cycling both the modem and the router but the problem persists.

I've got Comcast and have tried calling them about it. I got some stupid girl who said they could send out a technician, but he can bill me $50 if he decides it's "something I could have fixed".

Can a wireless router go bad? Can anyone help? I'd really appreciate it.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote