cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2008, 06:33 PM   #21
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
He who fights and runs away
May live to fight another day.
True, but Obama has run away before even fighting. What is his position on this? His silence is telling.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:39 PM   #22
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Phone calls "100 to 1 against" the bill.

http://www.reuters.com/news/video?vi...nnel=1&sp=true

Ron Paul - hurts the dollar.

Jeb Hensarling - do the right thing, even if it takes another week, don't vote for this bill.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:41 PM   #23
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
True, but Obama has run away before even fighting. What is his position on this? His silence is telling.
here is another one for your 11th Commandment...

Months ago, i said that POTUS are usually unqualified to do much of anything, they are figurehead leaders who give speeches and visit other countries....they are not overly knowledgeable in any relevant specialty because they have spent the majority of their lives running and holding offices, as opposed to practicing in the field. I also said that both candidates are largely goofballs and that it really wont make a big difference which one is elected because neither one will really make that big of a difference.

And now, all these months later, it becomes more and more apparent that I was right all along.

Meanwhile, you guys can keep trying to find the smoking gun that proves that one candidate is truly better than the other.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:43 PM   #24
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

Jeb Hensarling - do the right thing, even if it takes another week, don't vote for this bill.
I don't have a pitchfork. Can I use a rake?

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:47 PM   #25
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Cali, when is the revote? What is your intuition telling you now?
Old 09-29-2008, 06:47 PM   #26
Ma'ake

Ma'ake is an unknown quantity at this point

From Ron Paul's perspective it's time to wring out toxins from the economy, the hard way, if need be?
Ma'ake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:48 PM   #27
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
here is another one for your 11th Commandment...

Months ago, i said that POTUS are usually unqualified to do much of anything, they are figurehead leaders who give speeches and visit other countries....they are not overly knowledgeable in any relevant specialty because they have spent the majority of their lives running and holding offices, as opposed to practicing in the field. I also said that both candidates are largely goofballs and that it really wont make a big difference which one is elected because neither one will really make that big of a difference.

And now, all these months later, it becomes more and more apparent that I was right all along.

Meanwhile, you guys can keep trying to find the smoking gun that proves that one candidate is truly better than the other.
I've called it. Obama will win, this thing is over. Time for him to lead, to take up the mantle and find the best path. Instead he leaves it to the likes of Barney Frank, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reed -- as if they are any more qualified.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:48 PM   #28
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Most people aren't smart enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

to even realize what is involved in this 'bailout'. Wait till they see the affect of not doing anything will have on their 401K's. Perhaps then the light will come on.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:48 PM   #29
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Ma'ake, where were you on this issue? you were in favor of the bailout, I take it?
Old 09-29-2008, 06:49 PM   #30
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
to even realize what is involved in this 'bailout'. Wait till they see the affect of not doing anything will have on their 401K's. Perhaps then the light will come on.
Sometimes justice takes precedence over cost.

See: "Death Penalty in the United States"