cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2006, 04:05 PM   #21
stonewallperry

stonewallperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug
Let me get this straight. You oppose conducting a poll to see if Jeb would be a viable candidate because you don't feel there is sufficient groundswell to get him to run. In support of your argument, you refer to the poll you opposed which indicates he carries about a tenth of the population's support.

A bit circular, don't you think? What if that poll revealed he had a 90% favorability rating? Then would you favor taking the poll?

Exactly how would the pollsters have been able to guess what his favorability rating is before taking the poll?
No where have I said the poll was inaccurate, but your assertion that a large percentage of people would vote for Jeb Bush isn't accurate, and is based on what? I have simply stated that the poll was another cheap shot at Bush by a liberal media. Why would they include Jeb Bush in the poll, someone who has declared he's not going to run (not everyone that says they don't plan to run is secretly waiting to launch a campaign) when there are other people more likely to run - other conservatives...hmm, Mitt Romney, I'm sure no one thinks he's going to run.

You know the media is liberal and hates Bush. You know that CNN is liberal. Why do you refuse to recognize that while the purpose of the poll wasn't to slam Bush, that it was convenient to ask people about Jeb Bush in order to show their own (and many other people's) discontentment with GWB?
stonewallperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:22 PM   #22
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewallperry
No where have I said the poll was inaccurate, but your assertion that a large percentage of people would vote for Jeb Bush isn't accurate, and is based on what? I have simply stated that the poll was another cheap shot at Bush by a liberal media. Why would they include Jeb Bush in the poll, someone who has declared he's not going to run (not everyone that says they don't plan to run is secretly waiting to launch a campaign) when there are other people more likely to run - other conservatives...hmm, Mitt Romney, I'm sure no one thinks he's going to run.

You know the media is liberal and hates Bush. You know that CNN is liberal. Why do you refuse to recognize that while the purpose of the poll wasn't to slam Bush, that it was convenient to ask people about Jeb Bush in order to show their own (and many other people's) discontentment with GWB?
This conversation is beyond useless at this point, but one more post- just for fun.

Questions:

1. Do you believe we should take a politician's words at face value that he is not planning on running for something?

2. Given that GHWB and GWB have both successfully run for president, and given that JB is currently a successful politician, do you think he is likely to ever run for president?

3. If your answer to 1 and 2 is yes, do you think it is absurd to consider the possibility that Jeb might run for president in 2008?

4. If it is not absurd in question 3, do you think polls should take him into consideration given there are no clear frontrunners right now in either party for the nomination?

But I am sure I am just being a pawn of the ultra radical liberal communist media that hates puppies.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:19 PM   #23
stonewallperry

stonewallperry

Quote:
This conversation is beyond useless at this point, but one more post- just for fun.

Questions:

1. Do you believe we should take a politician's words at face value that he is not planning on running for something?

2. Given that GHWB and GWB have both successfully run for president, and given that JB is currently a successful politician, do you think he is likely to ever run for president?

3. If your answer to 1 and 2 is yes, do you think it is absurd to consider the possibility that Jeb might run for president in 2008?

4. If it is not absurd in question 3, do you think polls should take him into consideration given there are no clear frontrunners right now in either party for the nomination?

But I am sure I am just being a pawn of the ultra radical liberal communist media that hates puppies.

1. Depends on who it is
2. No
3. No, it's not absurd
4. No, I believe there are others more likely to run than him.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:04 PM   #24
Cali Coug

Quote:
1. Depends on who it is
2. No
3. No, it's not absurd
4. No, I believe there are others more likely to run than him.

I don't follow your logic in your answers, but given you don't think it is absurd to believe Jeb is running for president in 2008, I am struggling to figure out why he shouldn't have been included in a poll.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:16 PM   #25
stonewallperry

stonewallperry

Quote:
I don't follow your logic in your answers, but given you don't think it is absurd to believe Jeb is running for president in 2008, I am struggling to figure out why he shouldn't have been included in a poll.
It's not absurd to think that any number of politicians might run for president in 2008. Now try really really hard and read this next part VERY slow and out loud because I'm writing it for like the fifth time, hopefully you'll understand. IMO the reason the liberal media chose to poll about Jeb Bush versus one of the many other politicians that could potentially run in 2008, is that they wanted another opportunity to take a swipe at GWB. This is not that hard to understand. Before posting another response, please chant this five times and then repeat, "I do understand, I do, I do."
Old 06-27-2006, 06:22 PM   #26
Cali Coug

Quote:
It's not absurd to think that any number of politicians might run for president in 2008. Now try really really hard and read this next part VERY slow and out loud because I'm writing it for like the fifth time, hopefully you'll understand. IMO the reason the liberal media chose to poll about Jeb Bush versus one of the many other politicians that could potentially run in 2008, is that they wanted another opportunity to take a swipe at GWB. This is not that hard to understand. Before posting another response, please chant this five times and then repeat, "I do understand, I do, I do."

It IS hard to understand because it is a silly accusation. Given that even you have admitted Jeb could be running for president, and given that he comes from a dynastic family, and given that EVERYONE has heard of him, including him in a poll makes a LOT of sense for dozens of reasons other than your shallow "the media just wanted to take a swipe at him" nonsense.

I hear that CNN poisons baby food.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:26 PM   #27
stonewallperry

stonewallperry

Quote:
It IS hard to understand because it is a silly accusation. Given that even you have admitted Jeb could be running for president, and given that he comes from a dynastic family, and given that EVERYONE has heard of him, including him in a poll makes a LOT of sense for dozens of reasons other than your shallow "the media just wanted to take a swipe at him" nonsense.

I hear that CNN poisons baby food.
Thanks Tex, come up with something original. I guess liberals just can't admit that the liberal media would take a cheap shot at the person they, and their liberal readers, hate most of all. I can at least at admit that Sean Hannity, despite claiming to have the most comprehensive 'news' show is extremely biased and takes every chance he gets to swing at the left. Apparently, the left is still under the impression that they are perfect, there's no bias in the media, everything they do is in the best interest of the country - they NEVER put themselves or the part before the country.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:30 PM   #28
Cali Coug

Quote:
Thanks Tex, come up with something original. I guess liberals just can't admit that the liberal media would take a cheap shot at the person they, and their liberal readers, hate most of all. I can at least at admit that Sean Hannity, despite claiming to have the most comprehensive 'news' show is extremely biased and takes every chance he gets to swing at the left. Apparently, the left is still under the impression that they are perfect, there's no bias in the media, everything they do is in the best interest of the country - they NEVER put themselves or the part before the country.

I don't have any problem accepting much of the media has a liberal bias. I do have a problem with claims attempting to demonstrate that media bias that have no rational foundation and which disregard obvious legitimate purposes behind certain media actions.

If you want to show a liberal media bias, fine. More power to you. But at least pick something that proves your point.

By the way, Fox News also included Jeb Bush in its poll for the 2008 election.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,196454,00.html

Those commie liberals!!! I always knew Fox News was merely trying to take a swipe at the Bushes. I now concede the point. You were clearly correct.

Stupid media. Everything is their fault.

Last edited by Cali Coug; 06-27-2006 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:31 PM   #29
stonewallperry

stonewallperry

Quote:
I don't have any problem accepting much of the media has a liberal bias. I do have a problem with claims attempting to demonstrate that media bias that have no rational foundation and which disregard obvious legitimate purposes behind certain media actions.

If you want to show a liberal media bias, fine. More power to you. But at least pick something that proves your point.
I did. Next topic.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:36 PM   #30
Cali Coug

Quote:
I did. Next topic.
Just out of curiousity, does that mean you now consider Fox News to be liberal?