cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 03:11 AM   #61
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I have scientific evidence proving at this present time CG is collectively smarter than CB.

I am the smartest man in the universe and I am currently banned on CB, therefore I only bring my smartness to CG which raises the collective IQ of all the idiots here a lot higher than those on CB.

You are all welcome.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:14 AM   #62
HuskyFreeNorthwest

HuskyFreeNorthwest is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I have scientific evidence proving at this present time CG is collectively smarter than CB.

I am the smartest man in the universe and I am currently banned on CB, therefore I only bring my smartness to CG which raises the collective IQ of all the idiots here a lot higher than those on CB.

You are all welcome.
Nothing says smart like a puppet simulating sex and a Bill Simmons quote.
HuskyFreeNorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 03:19 AM   #63
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I do not have a PhD. I do have a JD.

Help me understand the nexus between a PhD and one's political opinions. You seem to be implying that PhDs should not have opinions that mirror those of the republican party or GBH.

Or are you making a blanket generalization for effect?
My point is that one of the major goals of formal education is to instill in students the ability to think for themselves. Freddie and Snipe have not shown any ability to do so.

I don't know a single person that shares my beliefs about everything, and certainly not any organization of people. I just feel that if someone is consistently forming the same opinions as their leaders, it's not because great minds think alike. It's more likely that it's because they're not actually forming their own opinions, but rather are content to be spoon-fed.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:37 PM   #64
Clark Addison

Clark Addison is on a distinguished road

Detroit beat me to it, but I will say that there ar eno more smart people on CG than CB, but there are many fewer dumb ones. I bring my 1.42 posts per day here more often than CB because even if I disagree with someone, they can usually back up their argument.

Plus I like the format a lot better.
Clark Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:09 PM   #65
FMCoug

FMCoug

I don't even think that it's so much smart people vs. dumb people. It's the environment of the respective bgoards. I have posted some pretty dumb stuff on CB ... on purpose. As others have said, here there is an expectation that the drivel will not exist and the posts are a bit meatier.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:27 PM   #66
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
I don't even think that it's so much smart people vs. dumb people. It's the environment of the respective bgoards. I have posted some pretty dumb stuff on CB ... on purpose. As others have said, here there is an expectation that the drivel will not exist and the posts are a bit meatier.
Heh that's so true. I'll admit to not caring nearly as much about presentation on CB. I also think a previous poster has a good point about it not so much being the number of smart people, but the number of dumb people. CB is so overrun with apparent idiots that the smart people are drowned out.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote