cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2008, 02:31 AM   #1
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road
Default Stuff White People Like

someone posted this on cb. Some of it was pretty good.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/
Old 02-18-2008, 02:40 AM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

That is an outstanding avatar.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:29 AM   #3
malapert

malapert is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
someone posted this on cb. Some of it was pretty good.
Some of it was pretty good, I agree.

"He has all the virtues I dislike--and none of the vices I admire." -Winston Churchill

"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends." -Oscar Wilde

"In order to avoid being called a flirt, she always yielded easily." -Charles, Count Talleyrand
malapert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:41 AM   #4
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

If someone started a blog named "What Black People Like," there's a 100% chance if would be attacked as racist within a day.

I'm not offended by the White People blog, btw.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:08 PM   #5
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
If someone started a blog named "What Black People Like," there's a 100% chance if would be attacked as racist within a day.

I'm not offended by the White People blog, btw.
Yes, but what would the content be? Given the jokes I have heard about "what black people like," I don't think a similar blog would portray them as coffee-drinking, tree-hugging, beach-loving, indie rock fans. It would likely be more denigrating and therefore racist.

Reading over the list, danimal and I are guilty as charged. We like so many things on the list and got a few good chuckles out of the site.
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:42 PM   #6
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Somebody went for the heart:

Quote:
A good place to find white people on a Saturday is at a Bike Shop. Bike shops are almost entirely staffed and patronized by white people! But not all white people love bicycles in the same way, there is much diversity. First up, we have the younger urban white folks who absolutely love their fixed gear bicycles. These are seen all over college towns, Silverlake in LA, Williamsburg in Brooklyn, Queen West in Toronto, and Victoria, British Columbia. Fixed gear bicycles meet a lot of requirements for white person acceptance. They can be made from older (i.e. vintage) bicycles, thus allowing the rider to have a unique bike that is unlikely to be ridden by anyone else in town. They are also easily customizable with expensive things Aerospoke rims, Phil Wood Hubs, and Nitto Parts. The combination of rare bicycles and expensive parts makes it easy for white people to judge other white people on the quality and originality of their bicycles. This is important in determining if someone is or isn’t cooler than you.
White people also like Mountain Bikes because it lets them be in nature. It’s really not more complicated than that.
And finally, they love expensive Road Bikes and the accompanying spandex uniforms. This enables them to ride long distances and wear really tight clothes without any social stigmas. These types of riders will spend upwards of $5,000 on a bicycle and up to $400 on accessories, but will not ride to work. Perhaps because they cannot wear the spandex. It is important that you never question why someone needs a $5000 bicycle since the answer is always “performance.”
For the most part, these rules have been unisex. But there is a special category of bicycles that appeal far more to white women, the European city bike (pictured). White women have a lot of fantasies about idealized lives, and one of them is living in Europe and riding around an old city on one of these bikes. They dream about waking up and riding to a little cafe, then visiting bakeries and cheese shops and finally riding home to prepare a fancy meal for their friends who will all eat under a canopy with white Christmas lights. This information can be used to help gain the trust/admiration of a white woman, especially if you can pull off a lie about how your mother told you about how she used to do all of these things when she was younger.
And of course, it goes without saying that white people who ride bikes like to talk about how they are saving the earth. If you know a person who rides to work, you should take them aside and say “Hey, thanks. Sincerely, The Earth.” Then give a thumbs up. That white person will ride home on a cloud.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:47 PM   #7
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Somebody went for the heart:

Yea, that one hurt a bit, but I have to say I was pleased to note that riding to work, which I sometimes do, removes this white guy from the geekiest part of that category.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:48 PM   #8
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Yea, that one hurt a bit, but I have to say I was pleased to note that riding to work, which I sometimes do, removes this white guy from the geekiest part of that category.
I don't ride to save the environment, I ride because I like it.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #9
malapert

malapert is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My wife says that to me all the time.

"He has all the virtues I dislike--and none of the vices I admire." -Winston Churchill

"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends." -Oscar Wilde

"In order to avoid being called a flirt, she always yielded easily." -Charles, Count Talleyrand
malapert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:58 PM   #10
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
That's not really the point. The point is that you blow the dough and then don't use it for anmything practical. I don't ride to save the envirnment either. I ride becasue I llike it, and it azlso gets me to and from work as often as possible. No biggie. I was just trying but once again failing to be funny