cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2008, 08:29 PM   #21
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y'zGuy View Post
Well when certain posters are allowed to post under 2 or 3 log ins, and then others (like Indy) try it and get banned, it is crap. I didn't get banned for multiple log ins, simply for questioning the purpose of the referee account. Then I get one explanation from El Jefe, and report abuse on something that is in violation of what his explanation was, and then i'm told that I'm abusing the feature of report abuse?

Que sera sera.
Indy was suspended for blatant acts of subterfuge.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:42 PM   #22
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I've always been impressed with EWTH's ability to be beloved on CG while maintaining his mod status on CB.

I don't know how he does it.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:44 PM   #23
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
I've always been impressed with EWTH's ability to be beloved on CG while maintaining his mod status on CB.

versus your ability to be hated on both?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:45 PM   #24
CJF

CJF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post

I helps that he's not a douche bag.
CJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:49 PM   #25
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y'zGuy View Post
Well when certain posters are allowed to post under 2 or 3 log ins, and then others (like Indy) try it and get banned, it is crap. I didn't get banned for multiple log ins, simply for questioning the purpose of the referee account. Then I get one explanation from El Jefe, and report abuse on something that is in violation of what his explanation was, and then i'm told that I'm abusing the feature of report abuse?

Que sera sera.
My multiple log ban was due to me just goofing around to see how tight their controls were on doing IP audits. I knew I wouldn't get away with it over the long run, I just wanted to see how long before I got busted for it. No skin off my back.

Turns out you can get busted for simply registering, without boardmailing anyone or posting anything. That was mildly surprising.

P.S. My use of the name "Subterfuge" and registering it under eysser3@gmail.com should have been a pretty heavy hint I was goofing around and not trying to fool anyone.

P.P.S. I thought my lone Subterfuge post was pretty funny.

Last edited by Indy Coug; 02-19-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:52 PM   #26
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
My multiple log ban was due to me just goofing around to see how tight their controls were on doing IP audits. I knew I wouldn't get away with it over the long run, I just wanted to see how long before I got busted for it. No skin off my back.

Turns out you can get busted for simply registering, without boardmailing anyone or posting anything. That was mildly surprising.

P.S. My use of the name "Subterfuge" and registering it under eysser3@gmail.com should have been a pretty heavy hint I was goofing around and not trying to fool anyone.
I tried to invade a nuclear power plant and I was pretty irritated when I was arrested, when clearly my shirt which read "this is just a joke" indicated I was only joking around.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:52 PM   #27
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post

P.P.S. I thought my lone Subterfuge post was pretty funny.
So why havent you gone back to CB?
Old 02-19-2008, 10:03 PM   #28
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome Y'zguy. Here you will find peace, happiness and the respect of your peers.
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #29
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

I can't wait until "Cougrrrs Roll" makes the trip over. As partisan as Snipe, Tex, and Freddie are, none of them come anywhere close to the absolute brainwashed fun of that guy. It's like he has a text file with "lying liberal hypocritical limousine demoncrats" saved so that he can cut and paste that whenever he means to refer to anyone left of Pat Robertson.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:23 PM   #30
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I tried to invade a nuclear power plant and I was pretty irritated when I was arrested, when clearly my shirt which read "this is just a joke" indicated I was only joking around.
There is some wonderful unintentional humor in this post.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote