cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ULCER packets

I have picked up packets for myself, Arch, Arch's homeboy and RC Vikings. I also picked up the team packet and we have jersey numbers 37 - 42. I call I'm number either number 40 or 41. I'm still deciding. ha ha!

So the plan is to meet at 6:00 am. Looks like there's a bunch of rest stops throughout the course and a lunch break at the 66 mile mark. So what's our strategy? Are we just going to see how we feel as a team and stop at an aid station when necessary? Or will we have pre-selected aid stations we are going to make it to and push through everything else?

Let me know if you have any questions...
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going to play it by ear and let the group decide, but ..

generally we know that the third place rider is the team time, and usually I only stop to refill, not to refuel as I drink and eat while riding.

Bring enough gels, blocks, food and liquid in the jersey for going a significant distance so that you don't stop.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:38 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Lunch break? What kind of pansy ride is this?

MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:40 PM   #4
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

I'm trying not to break it to him, that lunch is at the end after we're done.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:52 PM   #5
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I'm trying not to break it to him, that lunch is at the end after we're done.
I could have sworn I read somewhere that at the 66 mile mark there was a lunch at the Goshen Stake Center... Reading comprehension has never been my thing anyway.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:53 PM   #6
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

Are we not supposed to bring a blanket to sit on?

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 08-09-2007, 07:01 PM   #7
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
I could have sworn I read somewhere that at the 66 mile mark there was a lunch at the Goshen Stake Center... Reading comprehension has never been my thing anyway.
The 66 mile marker is lunch for volunteers not riders. Plus the food they provide is not that great.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:15 PM   #8
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
The 66 mile marker is lunch for volunteers not riders. Plus the food they provide is not that great.
Gay.

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 08-09-2007, 07:16 PM   #9
bYuPride

so i'm planning on just hanging on to the last guy of our group the best i can... that said, what would be your best guess as to what time i'll finish.

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 08-09-2007, 07:20 PM   #10
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
so i'm planning on just hanging on to the last guy of our group the best i can... that said, what would be your best guess as to what time i'll finish.
I'll make a guess after I see you ride.

Focus upon effort, not time, because time at the beginning is meaningless. Piney will definitely keep you company and perhaps we will as well. We certainly will at the beginning as I'm a slow starter.