cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 06:05 PM   #21
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

5'11" 162. I haven't been this light since right after my mission. I lost about 6 lbs this summer doing all the tri stuff.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:50 PM   #22
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
Holy crap, we've got some little guys on here.

I'm 6'2" and weight about 230-235. I'd like to get down to the 200-210 range, but I wouldn't say that I'm in terrible shape. I do have a 'thicker' build by nature.
It's always been interesting to me how someone can be the same height, but builds are so different.

I'm also 6'2 but grew up very skinny and topped out at my biggest weight of around 200 sometime last year. I've a lean build now, but still would like to lose about 15 more pounds.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:00 PM   #23
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm having a good year. On New Year's Day I weighed 215 (I'm a shade under 6' 2") and today I weighed in at 187. My target is 185 which I expect to reach soon.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:08 PM   #24
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
I am 6'5" and weigh 242 pounds. I am on my second week of weight watchers to try to get down to 220 which is my ideal weight.
good to see you and sizzle upping the board average height...
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:39 PM   #25
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

6'1", 245 - They don't call me the BigFatMeanie for nothin'
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:27 PM   #26
mtnbiker310

mtnbiker310

I'm with Sizzle. Lots of little greyhounds on this board. You guys must look like Lee Cummard on Fast Sunday. I'm 5'11" and weigh around 210. I'd wish I could get to 185, and would even be ecstatic if I could get to 195. Any diet I try seems to leave me with no energy. I've got precious little energy these days, as it is. Viking, we seem to be the same age... how do you kick up the energy levels???

The upside of having a bigger build is that I can wear sleeveless jerseys (love that cooling effect) without looking like Michael Rasmussen.
mtnbiker310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:51 PM   #27
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker310 View Post
I'm with Sizzle. Lots of little greyhounds on this board. You guys must look like Lee Cummard on Fast Sunday. I'm 5'11" and weigh around 210. I'd wish I could get to 185, and would even be ecstatic if I could get to 195. Any diet I try seems to leave me with no energy. I've got precious little energy these days, as it is. Viking, we seem to be the same age... how do you kick up the energy levels???

The upside of having a bigger build is that I can wear sleeveless jerseys (love that cooling effect) without looking like Michael Rasmussen.
I've lost 15 lbs since January this is what worked for me. I would pick a week and up my cardio from 4 or 5 hours a week to 8 or 9 hours and not eat a thing after 7 pm. During the week I would lose around 5 lbs and then let my body settle into that weight for about three weeks and then do it again. I live on about 5 hours of sleep a night (nervous type) and during this week I would crash early one night and get around 7 but energy was never a problem for me. In fact I always feel like I have more energy when I'm exercising hard.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:49 AM   #28
danimal

danimal is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm 5'11" and was 183 last time I weighed myself a few weeks ago. I was up to 205 5 years ago and as low as 175 about 2 years ago.
Tobias: You know, Lindsay, as a therapist, I have advised a number of couples to explore an open relationship where the couple remains emotionally committed, but free to explore extra-marital encounters.

Lindsay: Well, did it work for those people?

Tobias: No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but...but it might work for us.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:49 AM   #29
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

5' 11" 153 lbs.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:18 AM   #30
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker310 View Post

I don't think I lost much muscle this time around. I did a very similar thing back in 2004 and lost a lot of muscle mass (cycling takes it right off of me). This time I've done it much slower and have made an effort to limit muscle loss by just barely being in a caloric deficit and having plenty of protein floating around in my system.

As far as nutrition goes, I switched to eating six 300-400 calorie meals per day, taking one day a week to eat whatever I want (basically the Body for Life program). If I go heavy on the cardio, I eat a little more and up the carbs, often adding a 7th meal. I lost about 2 pounds a week initially, then leveled out at around 190. I've been losing about 1/4 pound per week lately and will likely hit my target in the next month. It's a way that I can eat comfortably for the rest of my days.

Last edited by SteelBlue; 08-24-2007 at 02:38 AM.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote