cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sastre attacking Rijs

http://hoysport.elcomerciodigital.co...809181530.html

The guy's taking third and he's attacking his team director.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:24 PM   #2
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Really, Archaea? Is there a reason that you posted a link to a Greek website?
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:00 PM   #3
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
Really, Archaea? Is there a reason that you posted a link to a Greek website?
you don't find the backbiting interesting?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:05 PM   #4
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

So are you saying that dividido equipo means backbiting?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:07 PM   #5
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
So are you saying that dividido equipo means backbiting?
Divide the team, but you knew that.

cassee l'equipe, mon ami.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:10 PM   #6
Archaea

Those better in Spanish can provide a good translation, but he sounds snippy here.

Quote:
Respuesta: Son muchas cosas las que se me han pasado por la cabeza en los últimos 25 días y no es fácil a veces asumir decisiones de otras personas, acatarlas y sobre todo vivir con ellas. Eso termina cansando mucho, y más cuando vienes de ganar una carrera como el Tour y cuando has dedicado tu vida al resto del mundo. Cuando te dedicas a ti mismo eso ya no le gusta a otras personas, entonces eso machaca mucho y te agota psicológicamente.
The last sentence he kinda sounds like he's saying, "hey, I've worked really hard dude, and if you dedicate yourself..."

He sounds pissed that somebody would asked if he's resigned to taking only third place.

Does Sastre even speak Spanish, he's Italian as best I know.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #7
creekster

Here is what my word translator says it means:

18ª stage, Valladolid-The learing, in direct Tailor will not go to the World-wide one Accountant: “I do not want to gain it everything, I am not egoistic” Carlos Tailor (Madrid, 33 years) will finish the Return, except for surprise, in third position, another position of honor for the winner of the Tour of France, that arrives at the end of tired season, “mainly psychologically”, and hurt by the attitude of its director, the Danish Bjarne Riis, “a person whom damage has done and has divided to the equipment”. The runner settled down in the Barraco, that confesses to have “lost the joy upon the bicycle” in this edition, emphasizes in a conversation with Efe his gratitude to all his companions and watches the future with optimism, that will be bound to the Cervelo and with the Tour again in the front sight. Question: In the last days one has been to him tired, and resigned to the third position Answer: They are many things those that have crossed me the mind in the last 25 days and it is not easy sometimes to assume decisions of other people, to accept them and mainly to live with them. That ends up tiring much, and more when you come to gain a race like the Tour and when you have dedicated your life to the rest of the world. When it is dedicated to you same that no longer likes other people, then that crusher and exhausts to you much psychologically. P. Therefore its fatigue is more of head than of legs. R. If it were badly physically it would not be third. It is necessary to be realistic. There is a person who has made damage and has divided to the equipment from the beginning. She continues it making damageand that person has not wanted that this equipment did nothing in the Return to Spain, her intention has been that, has made damage to everybody. In its conscience it is. I do not have any complaint of the equipment, nor of the companions, have done all the possible one, you have been in the escapes. Many things but lack are surpassed that the person whom it has to really push push. That person, far from pushing, which has done has been to separate. P. Is talking about the director of the equipment, Bjarne Riis? R: He is the maximum leader of the equipment, no? P. Is contented with the third position in a Return with the participation level that has had this Return? R. I am contented and I am happy because for me it is a Return that, aside from these things, is being pretty, mainly by the heat and the affection of the people, who respect my physical fatigue and mental and she supports to me. The only thing that I have needed is my joy upon the bicycle and is the unique thing that I have missed. I am satisfied to be in podio of the Return. I am not going to throw the towel until the last day of race. P. Accountant has been inabordable, at another level? R. It is not that it is at another level. It has counted with things to its favor and has known to benefit from them, is being a reality. He was a runner who gained a Tour without nobody was expected it, Giro without mediatic pressure and has now supported that pressure in the Return. He is a future and present runner mainly. P. Entra the cycling the Era Accountant? R. That will depend on him and the people who surround to him. P. The Angliru marked the differences, a port that creates controversy. R. I continue saying that in the stage of the Angliru we are very few those that we raised with our own foot, the Angliru is mediatic, it takes people but differences by circumstances other people's to our own forces, and that is what are marked I never like of the Angliru. I talk about the pushes, for example. P. Soon he is not in favor of the Angliru. R. It I have never been. In Sources of Winter you see the same differences that in the Angliru, where the distances are marked by questions other people's to your forces. It is a port that calls the attention, like the Mortirolo or Plan de Corones, places that stop being spectacular because it is not possible to be started. This year Alberto I start in the Angliru, but they are started short, mark differences by other circumstances. P: Does not give pain him not to go to the World-wide one? R: In this life you must make decisions and decisions that favor to the equipment. I now have the head elsewhere and need to clarify many things.

SO does the use of the feminine pronoun mena he was trying to insslut Rijs or is it just a translation error?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:12 PM   #8
Archaea

Here he's scathing.

Quote:
P. Por lo tanto su cansancio es de cabeza más que de piernas.

R. Si estuviera mal físicamente no estaría tercero. Hay que ser realista. Hay una persona que ha hecho daño y ha dividido al equipo desde el principio. Lo sigue haciendo daño y esa persona no ha querido que este equipo hiciera nada en la Vuelta a España, su intención ha sido esa, ha hecho daño a todo el mundo. En su conciencia está. No tengo ninguna queja del equipo, ni de los compañeros, han hecho todo lo posible, has estado en las escapadas. Se superan muchas cosas pero falta que la persona que tiene que empujar empuje de verdad . Esa persona, lejos de empujar, lo que ha hecho ha sido apartar.

P. ¿Se está refiriendo al director del equipo, Bjarne Riis?

R: El es el máximo dirigente del equipo, ¿no?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:12 PM   #9
creekster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Those better in Spanish can provide a good translation, but he sounds snippy here.

The last sentence he kinda sounds like he's saying, "hey, I've worked really hard dude, and if you dedicate yourself..."

He sounds pissed that somebody would asked if he's resigned to taking only third place.

Does Sastre even speak Spanish, he's Italian as best I know.
No, I am pretty sure Sastre is Spanish.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #10
Archaea

mena's a pronoun? since when? Where are you reading that? Again I'm just reading it and I get the idea he's pissed at Rijs and he's only going to focus upon the Tour de France.

No it's simply a translation of the feminine word, la persona, so the pronoun relates to the word, not the actual gender of the person referred to.

They translate the Era of Contador, as the Era of the Accountant.

Last edited by Archaea; 09-18-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote