cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 04:21 AM   #11
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Get rid of the helmet visor as well. Some helmet come with them. Lose that real fast.
Should I get rid of the windshield on my bicycle?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:24 AM   #12
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
No way! Keep that and any and all reflectors that came with the bike.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:29 AM   #13
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
No way! Keep that and any and all reflectors that came with the bike.
Well, the windshield didn't really come with the bike. I got it from a Honda Goldwing.

I guess attaching a card to the spokes with a clothespin is out of the question, eh?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:35 PM   #14
mtnbiker310

mtnbiker310
Default visor

Quote:
Get rid of the helmet visor as well. Some helmet come with them. Lose that real fast.
<groan> Oh, no! A style geek! Just be glad people want to get out and ride. Don't worry about the small stuff.
mtnbiker310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:36 PM   #15
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker310 View Post
<groan> Oh, no! A style geek! Just be glad people want to get out and ride. Don't worry about the small stuff.
I've torn apart enough so I pass along the rude comments I've already received.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:59 PM   #16
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Really? I kind of like the visor... everybody who scoffs at it can stick it. As far as the Discovery Jersey, I can see why that would be made fun of. I guess a comparison can be made if I'm playing ward ball in my #41 Thurl Bailey jersey with sport specs or I wear a red Nike shirt with black slacks and a black Nike hat at the course... I'll keep the visor for now though..
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:00 PM   #17
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Where did you get the windshield? What are the pros and cons? Why did you get it? Are there any product reviews I can read? Can you tint it a little bit?
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:32 PM   #18
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

I've seen a bunch of guys riding recumbents with windshields and several times I've wished I've have one. In the rain and the hail (if you ever get caught in a hail storm), a windshield will save you. They are also great to draft behind.

As far as visors go, they may not be very stylish but they are great to have if you ever ride in the rain. I went out in the rain last year several times. Especially going downhill the rain can really sting if it pelts you right in the face. Having a visor or a riding cap under the helmet is a lifesaver.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:38 PM   #19
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
I've seen a bunch of guys riding recumbents with windshields and several times I've wished I've have one. In the rain and the hail (if you ever get caught in a hail storm), a windshield will save you. They are also great to draft behind.

As far as visors go, they may not be very stylish but they are great to have if you ever ride in the rain. I went out in the rain last year several times. Especially going downhill the rain can really sting if it pelts you right in the face. Having a visor or a riding cap under the helmet is a lifesaver.
Ha ha! I didn't know windshields were available for a road bike!? I would think they would just slow you down... oh wait... what is a recumbent?

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 04-13-2007, 04:43 PM   #20
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

No, if you need the visor, you wear an Italian cappe underneath. That makes you a Europ bike snob. You need stylish socks and gloves that match to fully compliment it, and you need to bike like a stud, so the women jump you, but that's another story.

One thing about the cycling community is there are so few chicks in the community, they kinda get around. I was in New Zealand and talked to a local roadie. He told me he road stateside for a while and I inquired as to which team he road for. I knew the California team and I informed him I was a nobody from a little Vegas team. He inquired if I knew "Kat", which I did. He informed me, he and a couple of his buddies had "dated" her. Hmmm.