cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2008, 11:22 PM   #1
Anthesian

Anthesian is on a distinguished road
Default The Broken, The Beaten, and The Abandoned

This is the beginning of this essay:

Homesexuality is the sexual orientation of at least ten percent of the world population. In this world, there are Christian churches that view homosexuality as an abomination (Leviticus 20). There are other churches that claim to be accepting of homosexuals but require that those who struggle with same-sex attraction remain celibate their entire lives.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is one of these churches. The LDS church has had a progressive stand on the causes of homosexuality over the last few decades as psychological and biological research has granted new information. However, their position of true tolerance has been unmoved.

Latter-day Saints have been indoctrinated since they were very young on the structure of a family. This same teaching has been perpetuated through "The Family: A Proclamation to the World". Marriage is defined as one man and one woman. But what about our Saints that struggle and cope with same-gender attraction? We are taught that God has a plan for us. What is his divine plan for his children who know they are outside the marital norm as viewed by the LDS church?

In this essay, I will provide historical information, although biased, to grant insight into the spiritual and ecclesiastical abuse inflicted upon the gay and lesbian Latter-day Saints. I will also address three categories in which these members may fall under whether it be only one category or all three.

The woman caught in adultery deserves the stoning she didn't get. Jesus...why did you have to stick your nose where it didn't belong?

Last edited by Anthesian; 10-04-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Anthesian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:24 PM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:29 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthesian View Post
This is the beginning of this essay:

Homesexuality is the sexual orientation of at least ten percent of the world population. In this world, there are Christian churches that view homosexuality as an abomination (Leviticus 20). There are other churches that claim to be accepting of homosexuals but require that those who struggle with same-sex attraction remain celibate their entire lives.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is one of these churches. The LDS church has had a progressive stand on the causes of homosexuality over the last few decades as psychological and biological research has granted new information. However, their position of true tolerance has been unmoved.

Latter-day Saints have been indoctrinated since they were very young on the structure of a family. THis same teaching has been perpetuated through "The Family: A Proclamation to the World". Marriage is defined as one man and one woman. But what about our Saints that struggle and cope with same-gender attraction? We are taught that God has a plan for us. What is his divine plan for his children who know they are outside the marital norm as viewed by the LDS church?

In this essay, I will provide historical information, although biased, to grant insight into the spiritual and ecclesiastical abuse inflicted upon the gay and lesbian Latter-day Saints. I will also address three categories in which these members may fall under whether it be only one category or all three.
Wrong section, please move it over to comedy or religions sarcasm. This is a serious section, where if Greek is not contained in the original, we will insert it for you.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:33 PM   #4
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
This is a serious section, where if Greek is not contained in the original, we will insert it for you.
That sounds painful. No wonder I avoid this place.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:35 PM   #5
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
That sounds painful. No wonder I avoid this place.
Since Anthesian couldn't decide where to place his threads, he's been helped out.

Of course, Mike hasn't created a toilet section just yet.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:39 PM   #6
Anthesian

Stuart Matis Takes a Stand

In 2000, Stuart Matis took his own life because of the impending affirmative vote on Proposition 22 and the support of the Knight Initiative in California. Prior to his death, Matis wrote an extensive letter to a cousin. He poignantly and eloquently proposterous arguments against gay marriage. Matis compellingly tears down the "Slippery Slope" argument that ignorantly states that if America allows gay marriage then it will allow bestial marriage, pedophilic marriage and polygamous marriage.

Matis agreed with the LDS church's stand on protecting the family institution. However, Matis wanted to protect the family from misogyny, bigotry, hatred, social pressures and fear of what is different.

He promoted a message of brotherly compassson as we each are children of an all-loving God.

Matis stated, " I realized that I was going to have to endure viewing millions of dollars of television ads designed with one intention in mind: rais fear gainst gay and lesbian Californians". At one time Matis attended a party of about 15 gay men. He told one man that he was Mormon. Another man in the room asked, " Do you realize how hateful and destructive your church is?" This question after careful observation of the social and ecclesiastical structures deserves great consideration and thought. What is the Lord's church teaching and promulgating that drives an outsider to this conclusion. The answers to this question can be found in the teachings of the general authorities.

I will attempt to answer this question by addressing 'The Miracle of Forgiveness' by Spencer Kimball, 'To the One' by Boyd Packer, and 'God Loveth His Children'. 'God Loveth His Children is the newest publication of the church that addresses homosexuality and provides the official position held as the standard concerning homosexuality.

The woman caught in adultery deserves the stoning she didn't get. Jesus...why did you have to stick your nose where it didn't belong?
Old 10-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #7
Anthesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Wrong section, please move it over to comedy or religions sarcasm. This is a serious section, where if Greek is not contained in the original, we will insert it for you.

Does that mean that any gay Latter-day Saint who writes from experience about this same subject should have their feelings moved to comedy? I suppose so...especially since our 'inspired' heretical leaders of the church have denigrated them to second class church members. Where is Rosa Parks? I will gladly sit next to her at the front of the bus.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:23 AM   #8
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

How do you ignore someone again?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:36 AM   #9
Archaea

Quote:
Does that mean that any gay Latter-day Saint who writes from experience about this same subject should have their feelings moved to comedy? I suppose so...especially since our 'inspired' heretical leaders of the church have denigrated them to second class church members. Where is Rosa Parks? I will gladly sit next to her at the front of the bus.
I don't believe you. You have lied and deceived so many times, you are not worthy of belief.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:09 AM   #10
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Do you honestly think you are in the same league as Rosa Parks?

You're a deceiver, but I'll give you credit for making me laugh.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote