cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2008, 10:48 PM   #1
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve
Default What is the strangest punishment you received/gave?

Leb's post about making his boys hold hands on the couch after a fight made me laugh.

My strangest punishment received: when I was younger, me and a friend were in my backyard goofing around. He had a ninja star and I had a pocket knife. We started throwing them into a tree in the yard. This escalated into a game to try to get the star and the knife to stick...we would back up and throw for distance, put targets up, etc...after awhile, we noticed that the items would stick better if we removed the bark. So I grabbed a shovel and basically hacked off a bunch of bark from the tree. we finished our game and had a lovely time.

Long story short....parents come home, see the tree missing a bunch of bark, and get annoyed. I think they were more annoyed that were throwing knives, actually.

Anyway...my punishment for hurting the tree? I had to sit at the base of the tree, put my legs around it, and hug it. I had to sit there hugging the tree for about 30 minutes.

They were completely serious. I thought it was dumb and made no sense.

My kids are still small, so no real stories about punishments doled out.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:13 PM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

When by brother was quite young (6-7 years old), my mother caught him with a pack of cigarettes. Thinking she could teach him a lesson, she made him sit down in the back yard and smoke the entire pack at once. She was counting on him getting sick and hating the experience. She said he smiled and puffed away then entire pack without so much as a cough. So much for that theory.

Yes, it was kind of a rough neighborhood.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:39 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
When by brother was quite young (6-7 years old), my mother caught him with a pack of cigarettes. Thinking she could teach him a lesson, she made him sit down in the back yard and smoke the entire pack at once. She was counting on him getting sick and hating the experience. She said he smiled and puffed away then entire pack without so much as a cough. So much for that theory.

Yes, it was kind of a rough neighborhood.
My high school principal caught a couple of greasers smoking on school grounds. He was of the old school, so he made them eat their cigarettes until they puked. I think it was effective.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:34 AM   #4
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

My son was eating chocolate pudding as a snack at the kitchen table. I can't remember exactly what he was doing but he had been particularly aggravating the entire day and I was sick of not being listened to. So, I finally had it and I did what any mature mother would do. I walked over to him, grab a big glop of pudding from his bowl and I smeared it all over his face. He was stunned at first, and then we got into an all out chocolate pudding war. It ended in a huge mess, but we ended up getting along much better the rest of the day.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:51 AM   #5
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
My high school principal caught a couple of greasers smoking on school grounds. He was of the old school, so he made them eat their cigarettes until they puked. I think it was effective.
We had a designated smoking area by the gym at my high school. That's what happens in tobacco country.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:52 AM   #6
CJF

CJF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
My son was eating chocolate pudding as a snack at the kitchen table. I can't remember exactly what he was doing but he had been particularly aggravating the entire day and I was sick of not being listened to. So, I finally had it and I did what any mature mother would do. I walked over to him, grab a big glop of pudding from his bowl and I smeared it all over his face. He was stunned at first, and then we got into an all out chocolate pudding war. It ended in a huge mess, but we ended up getting along much better the rest of the day.
Stories like that are how movies like 'Spanking the Monkey' get made.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:55 AM   #7
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

My kids are too young to have any good stories regarding this yet, but as they get older I think I will start making them to push-ups, sit-ups, and other types of physical exercises as punishment. "Drop and give me 20!"
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:57 AM   #8
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
My kids are too young to have any good stories regarding this yet, but as they get older I think I will start making them to push-ups, sit-ups, and other types of physical exercises as punishment. "Drop and give me 20!"
I figured you'd force them into their rooms and bite a pillow while they think about what they've done wrong.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:31 AM   #9
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

A good punishment for NorCal's kids.....making them watch game film of Warrior basketball, with a special emphasis on defensive lapses.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:38 AM   #10
FMCoug

FMCoug

I have found the most effective punishment for my kids is waterboarding. When that doesn't work I stick bamboo shoots between their fingernails and fingers.

If any of you think this is cruel or abusive, you're just pussies.