cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 11:25 PM   #1
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road
Default Pink Panther

Got to see Pink Panther last night. I was a bit skeptical, but was pleasantly surprised at how entertained I was.

Steve Martin did as well as any American could have done as the French Inspector. Several of the sequences made me laugh today just thinking about them. I was a little disturbed by their inhumane treatment of cyclists, but that is probably an issue for the cycling forum.

Final analysis - Recommended, but don't be afraid to save your money and wait for it come out on video.

BTW - during the previews for this movie yesterday, they included a spot for Jared Hess' new movie with Jack Black, Nacho Libro. At least I think it is Hess as the producer. I also saw the preview for the Benchwarmers with Jon Heder. Both seemed interesting, but I maintain that Heder didn't do a whole lot of acting in Naploean. Thats just him being himself.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:35 AM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I really enjoy a lot of what Steve Martin has done, but I just can't bring myself to ever want to see the remake of The Pink Panther. IMO, there are some films that should never have been remade.

Using Martin's work as an example, would anyone want to see a remake of The Jerk?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:55 AM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

they treated cyclists inhumanely? How dare they! We should boycott.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:11 PM   #4
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute
I really enjoy a lot of what Steve Martin has done, but I just can't bring myself to ever want to see the remake of The Pink Panther. IMO, there are some films that should never have been remade.
when i saw they were remaking pink panther i cringed.....

the originals are so hilarious i dont know if i could watch a remake with all the modern day bells and whistles....
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote