cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2008, 02:34 AM   #11
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

TCU has the two best wins. BYU and Stanford. Remember Stanford beat Oregon State and TCU crushed Stanford.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:57 AM   #12
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
Oregon State is a pretty talented team. Their D is very young, very athletic, big, strong inside, close gaps quickly. Quizz Rodgers has fantastic lateral quickness & great strength, excellent speed. Their WRs are solid and Moevao is a damn good QB with a strong arm, he did a lot of damage in the play action game to the TEs (which they hadn't shown before)

As OSU gels, they're going to be very tough to beat. I could see them in the RB. I'm really glad we don't have to play them again.
OSU has an ideal schedule now, after its first five games were hellacious. ASU, OR and Cal. all at home, WA, WA St. and Arizona the road games. All those are very winnable, indeed, OSU may be favored in all of them. If it wins out it's Pac 10 champ and Rose bowl bound.

Stanford is solid (as Junkie admits), and played OSU at Stanford the first game. There's no shame in getting drubbed at Penn State. If you want to compare scores, OSU had an easier time wiht Hawaii than Boise State has had tonight.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:16 AM   #13
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
TCU has the two best wins. BYU and Stanford. Remember Stanford beat Oregon State and TCU crushed Stanford.
I peaked at the Oregon State-Stanford stats. Oregon State had 11 more first downs and total yards were for Oregon State 490-301. But OSU had three turnovers, including one at the Stanford 1 yard line that went through the end zone when OSU was tryng to tie the score with a minute left. OSU is really underrated. It has played a beastly schedule, including beating probably the best team in the country.

—Paul Auster
Old 10-18-2008, 04:48 AM   #14
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I peaked at the Oregon State-Stanford stats. Oregon State had 11 more first downs and total yards were for Oregon State 490-301. But OSU had three turnovers, including one at the Stanford 1 yard line that went through the end zone when OSU was tryng to tie the score with a minute left. OSU is really underrated. It has played a beastly schedule, including beating probably the best team in the country.

Oregon State did move the ball on Stanford, I kept trying to tell you before the Utah game that OSU was good and everyone kept telling me that Oregon State would get blown out by Utah.

My buddy that plays for OSU told me before SC that he thought Penn State was the best team they had played in the past 3 years. After USC he said Penn State is a national championship contender.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:38 AM   #15
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Penn State is a national championship contender.
I don't disagree with this. They look better than the last two Buckeye teams, and presently all they need is for either Texas or Alabama to lose one, and they will be in the driver's seat to Miami. And that would leave the Rose Bowl without a Big 10 representative, unless Ohio State or Michigan State qualify. And that means an at-large would fill the void, and that means Utah *could* go from being a mere repeat Buster to being halfway through a BCS grand slam.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:46 PM   #16
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
OSU is really underrated. It has played a beastly schedule, including beating probably the best team in the country.
This makes me laugh because prior to the Utah game OSU wasn't that good and now they are underrated.

Last edited by Hot Lunch; 10-18-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:08 PM   #17
Mars

Mars is on a distinguished road
Cool

1. TCU
2. BYU
3. Utah
Old 10-19-2008, 04:50 PM   #18
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
I peaked at the Oregon State-Stanford stats.
They made you orgasmic? Now that is odd.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:21 PM   #19
SeattleUte

Quote:
TCU has the two best wins. BYU and Stanford.
I take it you want to revise this statement after last weekend's events. OSU showed BYU how good teams do it at Washington.

—Paul Auster
Old 10-19-2008, 06:25 PM   #20
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I take it you want to revise this statement after last weekend's events. OSU showed BYU how good teams do it at Washington.
You can't even compare the UW team that played OSU last night to the UW team that played BYU. Locker was the only reason UW was in that game against BYU. Without Locker like UW was last night the BYU/UW game would have been completely different.
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote