cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2006, 05:57 AM   #1
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Dwayne Wade showed a lot of heart tonight.

That guy is sensational. Even with a bum knee, he skied higher on that last play than I could even hope to get with a jet pack strapped to my back.

I haven't seen a player as cool under pressure as Wade is in quite a while. Very Jordan-esque.

I have always thought Wade was good; tonight he showed he is one of the greats.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:27 PM   #2
TyronneBiggums

TyronneBiggums is on a distinguished road

Dwayne Wade is awesome. Kid can certainly play.

He had what, 42 points in the game and 15 in the 4th? And yeah, he got up there...

Wade needs to be more consistent, but I'd put him at #2 in the drat class close to Lebron. Wade is closer to Lebron, IMO, than he is to Carmello. So far, I'd rank the top 5 like this:

Lebron
Wade
Bosh
Carmello
Hinrich (although Darko could pass him up)

I may be forgetting somebody... my bad if I did.
TyronneBiggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:43 PM   #3
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Overall, it was a very Jordan-esque game for Wade. I had the same thought when he hit that 18 foot jumper with a minute or so to go last night. If I were actually cheering for the Heat, there is no one on the court that I would have rather had the ball with the game on the line.

I maintain, if he wants to last in the league, he has got to get himself under control when he goes airborn around the basket. He's almost too athletic for his own good. He'll end up hurt soon.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:39 PM   #4
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Wade does take a beating going to the hole so hard. He is very talented. If he adds some range to his shot and becomes a bit more consistent with it he'll be one of the best. It's too bad he's so small. If he had Kobe or Lebron's height he'd be pretty unstoppable.

That draft class is one of the greatest ever. Don't forget some other noteables Josh Howard, Chris Kaman, Luke Ridnour, Boris Diaw, Leandro Barbosa, Luke Walton, etc. The class is stacked. Also, Udonis Haslem and Marquis Daniels came out of school that year too.

I collected basketball cards as a kid. Because of the LeBron hype that year I stopped in a card shop and bought some packs of Topps Chrome. I ended up buying a bunch of it because I wanted to complete the set. I am glad I did now. The RC in that set are unbelievable.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:42 PM   #5
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you know he picked up his fifth foul with 11 minutes left. His amazing fourth quarter came while playing on the edge.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:57 AM   #6
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever
Did you know he picked up his fifth foul with 11 minutes left. His amazing fourth quarter came while playing on the edge.
It was a poorly coached quarter for Avery Johnson. If I were Avery I would have sent Josh Howard or Devin Harris straight into Wade's chest every possession until they called him for a foul. Then they could have let everyone else look away from Shaq and watch 'Toine jack up treys to try and rally back.

They tried to get conservative and manage the clock instead of attacking that got them the lead in the 3rd. They should have ran that curl around Dirk's pick all night. Terry must have hit 3-4 wide open 15 footers off that.

I wonder if Shaq's going to come back next year as the Big Sidekick.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:29 PM   #7
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33
It was a poorly coached quarter for Avery Johnson. If I were Avery I would have sent Josh Howard or Devin Harris straight into Wade's chest every possession until they called him for a foul. Then they could have let everyone else look away from Shaq and watch 'Toine jack up treys to try and rally back.

They tried to get conservative and manage the clock instead of attacking that got them the lead in the 3rd. They should have ran that curl around Dirk's pick all night. Terry must have hit 3-4 wide open 15 footers off that.

I wonder if Shaq's going to come back next year as the Big Sidekick.

I agree. They played the equivalent of the "prevent the win defense."

Miami needed that game badly. I look for them to come out with a lot of fire and put Game 5 away early.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote