cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2006, 05:16 PM   #1
OhioBlue

OhioBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Avocados!

I love 'em. Can't get enough. Wish I could plant and grow an avocado tree with a realistic chance at producing good fruit, but alas I'm in the wrong clime and apparently growing the things is a crapshoot anyway.

Also, for anyone interested in staying abreast of food trends, the next "it" oil will be avocado oil. Rich in the good fats, shown to reduce LDL and even help with prostate problems, high smoke temp (something like 500+ degrees) and supposedly the best consistency and flavor of any of the oils available.

I just ordered some online and am expecting it soon. Gonna try it first with some fish, add in a little citrus somehow and maybe some cilantro. Probably cod or salmon. Mmmmmmm.

I looooooooove avocados.

Next up, I want to try to make my own cilantro-infused olive oil. I'm sick of never having cilantro available when I want it--which is often--because of its short fridge life. The dried and frozen stuff sucks, but I've heard a good infusion is as close to the real thing as it gets. I'll let you know how it turns out, since I'm sure you're all extremely interested. :-)