cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2008, 10:36 PM   #11
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Although it goes without saying, I don't get exie.

He ditches BYU because it is 7-1? Our record is actually better right now than it was at this point last season.

I won't lose any sleep over it. Guys like EPU and ute4ever can worry about their new brother, now. Ki-yi!
You folks keep thinking you can pawn him off on us Ute fans, but he chose on his own to leave the Utes - and it wasn't for football reasons.

No, he's yours now. Forever and ever.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:23 AM   #12
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Look at the competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
The article points out he's won 27 of his last 30, and still you find something to moan about.

Remarkable.
in those 30 games. UCLA and Washington this year? LOL
Old 10-29-2008, 04:25 AM   #13
exUte

Default I ditched BYU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Although it goes without saying, I don't get exie.

He ditches BYU because it is 7-1? Our record is actually better right now than it was at this point last season.

I won't lose any sleep over it. Guys like EPU and ute4ever can worry about their new brother, now. Ki-yi!
What I find inexcusable is the lack of emotion and energy when playing for a BCS bowl bid against a top 25 team. If you're ok with that. Fine. I am not. But then when football is either 4th or 5th in priority, then you will have those types of games.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:27 AM   #14
exUte

Default My SIL came to the same conclusion........

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
You folks keep thinking you can pawn him off on us Ute fans, but he chose on his own to leave the Utes - and it wasn't for football reasons.

No, he's yours now. Forever and ever.
RES is no place to take your young son.......even when playing the likes of Oregon State. The Utah fans have driven another Ute to Cougar Town.

BTW........do you take your kids to the Utah games at RES?
Old 10-29-2008, 04:28 AM   #15
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
What I find inexcusable is the lack of emotion and energy when playing for a BCS bowl bid against a top 25 team. If you're ok with that. Fine. I am not. But then when football is either 4th or 5th in priority, then you will have those types of games.
"EPU, Ute4ever, MRD.....PLEASE REPORT TO LOST AND FOUND......"

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:30 AM   #16
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
RES is no place to take your young son.......even when playing the likes of Oregon State. The Utah fans have driven another Ute to Cougar Town.

BTW........do you take your kids to the Utah games at RES?
Yes, I do. They love the games at RES. They have fun there.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:24 PM   #17
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

BYU is doing very well if your aspirations is to be excellent amongst mediocrity.

I can think of one or two great wins over the last 3 years. TCU and Oregon in the Vegas Bowl. The Utah wins were big because we beat Utah. However, we were big favorites in the games and pulled them out, so I wouldn't call them big wins.

Bronco is doing what he is asked to do. BYU is an elite program in the MWC and has shown some good consistency.

To those of you who constantly throw out the record and then boo hoo someone who would like more, you have your aspirations and others have their's. It isn't a right or wrong issue.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:30 PM   #18
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
http://blogs.sltrib.com/recruiting/

Thanks, Bronco. Off the heels of getting crushed by TCU and hanging in to defeat UNLV at home in a season we had BCS hopes, you get up in our face and tell us you're too stubborn to recruit the way we need you to. Thanks for that.
I have yet to see evidence that Bronco's recruiting approach is yielding lesser players than could have been landed with a different approach.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:35 PM   #19
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
BYU is doing very well if your aspirations is to be excellent amongst mediocrity.

I can think of one or two great wins over the last 3 years. TCU and Oregon in the Vegas Bowl. The Utah wins were big because we beat Utah. However, we were big favorites in the games and pulled them out, so I wouldn't call them big wins.

Bronco is doing what he is asked to do. BYU is an elite program in the MWC and has shown some good consistency.

To those of you who constantly throw out the record and then boo hoo someone who would like more, you have your aspirations and others have their's. It isn't a right or wrong issue.
For those of you who want more do you genuinely believe this program is capable of doing better than it has under Mendenhall? How close would you evaluate him to having the program potential pegged?
Old 10-30-2008, 02:36 PM   #20
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
I have yet to see evidence that Bronco's recruiting approach is yielding lesser players than could have been landed with a different approach.
% of non-LDS players is down drastically.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote