cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2006, 08:50 PM   #21
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBlue
I think you missed my point, or I stated it inadequately.
I hear you. I have a funny way of sabatoging my own arguments. What can I say? Even when I am right I usually lose the debate.

No big deal.

Anyhow, Archaea said he would bring the thread back, and for that I would like to be very clear and express my gratitude:

Thanks Archaea.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:54 PM   #22
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tick
Robin,

You crack me up. It always appears to be you against the world.

I am voting for the "let's leave it deleted".

And this is coming from someone with 2 gay uncles.

I just am not interested. And I think most of the folks that haven't posted are in agreement.
LOL, I didn't see the thread in question and this whole time I have been thinking GSA was refering to Girl Scouts of America and have been trying to figure out why in the hell a topic on Girl Scouts would get so heated. After re-reading your post and trying to figure out what you having 2 gay uncles would have to do with it, I finally realized that it was refering to Gay Strait Alliance.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:48 PM   #23
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
I didn't say I would revive the thread, but that people could restate what they wish. I doubt I will participate in the reinventing of the thread.

It wasn't that great of a thread.
My bad. I mistook something Archaea wrote in a private message as willingness to repost the deleted thread. Instead what he meant is that people who posted in the original post can attempt to have the same conversation over again, minus his input.

Unlikely.

Oh well. What do you say you send Faith her posts? She didn't know that she needed to make copies of everything she wrote here if she wanted to protect an archive of her own contribution.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:20 PM   #24
The_Tick

The_Tick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to The_Tick Send a message via MSN to The_Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
My bad. I mistook something Archaea wrote in a private message as willingness to repost the deleted thread. Instead what he meant is that people who posted in the original post can attempt to have the same conversation over again, minus his input.

Unlikely.

Oh well. What do you say you send Faith her posts? She didn't know that she needed to make copies of everything she wrote here if she wanted to protect an archive of her own contribution.
That is common knoweldge.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:26 PM   #25
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

What could be more infantile than a moderator losing his cool, filing a profane laced post, and then deleting the whole thread? It reminds me of when I was six and used to send the Sorry game board and all the pieces flying across the room. Losing control is unprofessional, it's bad advocacy, and it's an embarrassing form of voyeurism. Nobody likes to see someone else's pathologies put on display. It's particularly distasteful coming form a mature man, and 100x so when directed at a woman.

Honestly, in this particular instance this place sunk far lower than Cougarboard ever has. HoyaCoug quit this place not because somebody hurt his feelings, but because he decided the level of discourse didn't merit his contribution. Lebewski has also expressed displeasure at this stuff.

Anyway, what does GSA stand for, anyway? I didn't read the thread either.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:37 PM   #26
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte
What could be more infantile than a moderator losing his cool, filing a profane laced post, and then deleting the whole thread? It reminds me of when I was six and used to send the Sorry game board and all the pieces flying across the room. Losing control is unprofessional, it's bad advocacy, and it's an embarrassing form of voyeurism. Nobody likes to see someone else's pathologies put on display. It's particularly distasteful coming form a mature man, and 100x so when directed at a woman.

Honestly, in this particular instance this place sunk far lower than Cougarboard ever has. HoyaCoug quit this place not because somebody hurt his feelings, but because he decided the level of discourse didn't merit his contribution. Lebewski has also expressed displeasure at this stuff.

Anyway, what does GSA stand for, anyway? I didn't read the thread either.
Oh man, SU, you crack me up. How many times am I going to read you going off on something in a thread and then say you didn't even read the thread?
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:04 PM   #27
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos
Oh man, SU, you crack me up. How many times am I going to read you going off on something in a thread and then say you didn't even read the thread?
Mountains and moehills.

A smarter man would not persist, but lest anyone be misled by Robin.

A summary. Somebody started a thread about GSA, probably Robin.

People responded, and I responded in kind, trashing "teenagers", not a creature I hold in high regard. I used profanity, and suggested wimpy GSA types should not need a club, but should build alliances and that other teenagers suffer from "bad years" in high school. "Kids should duke it out" was my response, obviously tic, except it was colorfully conveyed.

NS had some humorous lines which had me rolling.

No attack's on "Robin's wife", but calling bullcrap bullcrap. No personal attacks in my memory, perhaps one or two in my direction. Goes with territory with Robin.

Subsequently informed people were offended by pitbull approach, so it was deleted to remove it from offended and to offend Robin, because he's so easily offended. Again I go on record not believing that "Faith" is anybody but "Robin's" alter ego.

Nothing proprietary, no great revelations about the meaning of life, and no chips were flying.

Remember it comes from Robin who views some sort of proprietorship from this stuff. The only proprietor is Mike, no other.

Seattle's take is humorous, given as you have pointed out, he didn't read, so he jumps to emotional conclusions.

Reading about it is more humorous than participating in the thread.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:54 PM   #28
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos
Let's not delete threads. That's the first time I've been aware that it has happened on this board. Cougarboard's practice of deleting posts and censorship is its most disgusting characteristic, IMHO. If this board starts deleting posts, I think I'm outta here.
Archaea, will you please delete this thread?

Thanks.

Old 08-17-2006, 12:01 AM   #29
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American
Archaea, will you please delete this thread?

Thanks.

If you insist, it's a really cool function on the moderator panel. All I must do is to press a button and presto, it's gone except for moderators. 1, 2, 3 ...
Old 08-17-2006, 02:56 AM   #30
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
Remember it comes from Robin who views some sort of proprietorship from this stuff. The only proprietor is Mike, no other.
I take Mike at his word. He calls this place 'community' too. That is an invitation for the participants to take ownership of the place. When you delete other people's posts to cover up your own freaking assholishness you are turning other peoples' community into your own private latrine.

And OF COURSE you are going to claim that Faith is my alter-ego. She made you look like a fool, and your own twisted brand of mysogyny will invent Faith as my alter-ego before it will accept that you had your ass handed to you by a woman.

Last edited by Robin; 08-17-2006 at 03:07 AM.