cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics

Old 02-15-2017, 06:27 PM   #11
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Don't know how long it will take, but the way things are going the President is headed into impeachment.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:04 PM   #12
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
Don't know how long it will take, but the way things are going the President is headed into impeachment.
I don't know enough of the facts to have an opinion on that prognostication. The prospects of Mike Pence being POTUS doesn't make me happy. There would be less propensity for stupid mistakes, but less basis for any real change either. I do not want to see Democratic gains just to eject Trump.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:58 PM   #13
BlueK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I don't know enough of the facts to have an opinion on that prognostication. The prospects of Mike Pence being POTUS doesn't make me happy. There would be less propensity for stupid mistakes, but less basis for any real change either. I do not want to see Democratic gains just to eject Trump.
In 2018 there will probably be a lot of democratic gains, and the longer Trump is in charge the worse it will be.

I'm not really a Mike Pence fan, but I really can't think of a single beneficial change that would come from Trump that wouldn't/couldn't come with Pence and a Republican congress. I can think of a lot of change I wouldn't want if Trump had his way that I wouldn't be worried about happening with Pence. And Pence isn't a threat to basic civil liberties the way Trump is. At least, that is how I see it.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:47 PM   #14
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
In 2018 there will probably be a lot of democratic gains, and the longer Trump is in charge the worse it will be.

I'm not really a Mike Pence fan, but I really can't think of a single beneficial change that would come from Trump that wouldn't/couldn't come with Pence and a Republican congress. I can think of a lot of change I wouldn't want if Trump had his way that I wouldn't be worried about happening with Pence. And Pence isn't a threat to basic civil liberties the way Trump is. At least, that is how I see it.
Midterm Elections usually benefit the party not in power.

But the demographics don't favor the Democrats. In the Senate, the Dems defend 25 seats to 8 for the GOP.

What you can't sense because you're not of that demographic is the current mess is making Trump more popular with his supporters. Trump defies normal thinking.

I recognize that this author has a bias, but examine his reasoning that the Dems are engaging in risky strategy.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...il_133109.html

Last edited by Archaea; 02-17-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:04 PM   #15
BlueK

The weirdest thing about the Trump presidency is that almost every single day he does or says something even more weird than the day before. Of course, that's how he was as a candidate. I don't understand why anyone would be surprised.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:35 AM   #16
BlueK

"I've never had any dealings with Russia, or Russians...hell, I've never even heard of 'Russia,' is that a country or something?"

http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline
Old 08-18-2017, 03:49 AM   #17
BlueK

Question of the day:

(ok, I admit it's more what should have been the question of last week)

Do we invoke the 25th amendment on our whack job president before or after he starts a needless and tragic nuclear war with N. Korea?
Old 08-18-2017, 04:52 AM   #18
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm more convinced than ever now that Trump will win re-election. Assuming he has the physical health.

The vandalizing and destruction of Confederacy stuff is the best thing that could have happened to him.

BLM is a win for Trump. Kaepernick kneeling in protest is a win for Trump.

The greater racial tensions are, or are portrayed in the media, the better it is for Trump.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:29 PM   #19
BlueK

I recently read something about the Confederate stuff in Baltimore that the city just took down. The fact is that they were put up in the 1940s just after WW2. Maryland wasn't even a Confederate state, so why would they want to celebrate the Confederacy almost 100 years later? The only logical reason was to send a harsh message to black soldiers returning home from WW2 so they wouldn't get the idea that fighting for our country in Europe and the Pacific meant they get to enjoy equal rights upon returning home. A very disgraceful part of our history.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:57 AM   #20
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

https://apnews.com/10025226f5e54d96b...ville-response
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote