cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics

Old 08-27-2008, 04:49 AM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I loath the title of this thread beyond my ability to express. It has got to be the most sexist ever. Thanks, YOhio, for trying to lighten things up a bit.
I like RHG and Barbara.

As far as the Clintons I am an equal opportunity loather. Bill looks uglier and older than sin and Hillary looks like shit for her age.

So it's sexist to state she looks like shit and I'm glad we're almost done with the Bill and Hillary show, then so be it.

Y you were mighty precocious in your day.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:13 PM   #12
Ma'ake

Ma'ake is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I still can't believe Limbaugh and others made fun of her as a 15 year old girl for her looks.
You can't believe that?
Ma'ake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:08 PM   #13
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Hillary looks like shit for her age.
Really? I think your standards are pretty high then. Hillary takes care of herself, and she is a fine looking past-middle-aged woman. I hope for your wife that she doesn't have wide hips like Hillary from child bearing.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:48 PM   #14
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
Really? I think your standards are pretty high then. Hillary takes care of herself, and she is a fine looking past-middle-aged woman. I hope for your wife that she doesn't have wide hips like Hillary from child bearing.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:52 PM   #15
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
It may have been the lighting and I have high, high standards. She also doesn't have a youthful look and when you add the wear and tear of politics, she's doomed. But so are most male politicians, absent lots of corrective surgery to wipe away age.

Curiously the Iron Maiden of England carried her age better.

Hillary was lucky she only bore one child.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:18 PM   #16
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Men suck.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:09 PM   #17
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

This viewer found Hillary capable and enthusiastic. Her bit from Harriet Tubman was the highlight of her speech.

The way talk radio went after Chelsea as a teenager was beneath contempt. By all accounts she is personable. I understand she is into ballet.
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:18 PM   #18
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
This viewer found Hillary capable and enthusiastic. Her bit from Harriet Tubman was the highlight of her speech.

The way talk radio went after Chelsea as a teenager was beneath contempt. By all accounts she is personable. I understand she is into ballet.
During the Harriet Tubman bit, "when you see the torches, just keep going; when you see the pitchforks, just keep going; when you see the slavecatchers, just keep going . . . " Did anyone else see Harriet Tubman speaking to Barack with McCain carrying the pitchfork chasing after him?

I thought it was an indirect way of saying the Republicans are trying to stop the black man from reaching the White House, but Harriet Tubman, the conductor of the Underground Railroad, is telling Barry to "just keep going."
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #19
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post

This is a nonsequitur. How are you trying to relate it to the argument.

And why, if a child is used for the benefit of a politician, can that child not also be examined with the same scrutiny?
Old 08-27-2008, 05:34 PM   #20
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
This is a nonsequitur. How are you trying to relate it to the argument.

And why, if a child is used for the benefit of a politician, can that child not also be examined with the same scrutiny?
Yes, it's a nonsequitur, but then I'm not trying to make some kind of argument (other than the way talk radio mocked her as a teen was indefensible).

The trajectory of my observation is that Chelsea seems like a pleasant person.
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote