cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 01:27 AM   #11
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
They would really throw food at you?
Depending on who was serving you. The servers were all in character. And if you lucked out to get Flo you'd get bitched at and she'd fling your plates down the table at you. My mother made the mistake of asking for a straw and had about 100 of them thrown into her lap. Needless to say, that was the last time my mother ate there.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:42 AM   #12
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
I had the Frog legs there once. They were terrible.
Are frog legs ever good?
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:41 AM   #13
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
Are frog legs ever good?
Oh, yes. If they are grilled they are exquisite. But when they arefried they are worse than rubbery tasteless chicken.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:21 PM   #14
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Without question and without a doubt, the worst restaurant/bar that I have ever been to was: Cynthia's Bar (http://www.cynbar.co.uk/) in London, England. It had gotten a pretty good write up in an english newspaper and it was atrocious. They call it the first robotic restaurant as the bar keeper is a robot that moves. Wow! I thought it would be kinda funny and that the food would probably be decent. Nope.

I called the restaurant early on a Friday morning to find out if I needed to make reservations. The gentleman told me that it was a good idea. We showed up (wife and our 2 friends) at 7pm. They found our name on the reservation and sat us at a table. We were the only ones in the entire restaurant. In fact, we didn't see anyone else but the person that sat us down. We got our menus and after about 20 minutes, someone came out and took our order.

Now, no lie, about 5 minutes after we gave our order, a guy walks out of the kitchen and he is wearing a coat but under his coat we see cooking clothes. It looks like he may be a cook. Anyway, he briskly walks past us and out of the restaurant. About 15 minutes later, this same guy walks back past us with a couple of bags back into his kitchen. About 45 minutes after we order, our food comes out and it was unbelievably bad. The spaghetti could have possibly been made out of ketchup. It was so brutal, but we were all laughing because it was just crazy. Nobody else had entered the restaurant during all this time.

We got our bill which I looked at and asked if they were serious. They gave us a discount and we left. It was brutal but made for a great story. We really believe it may have been a front for another business because there is no way that anyone would visit that place twice.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:30 PM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I had alligator not that long ago, and it was the nastiest meat I ever had. Fishy sharp reptilian zing. Not even barbecue sauce can rescue it.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:38 PM   #16
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road
Default Billy Goat

I've always wanted to visit the Billy Goat Tavern for lunch, the "cheesebugha, cheesebugha, no Coke, Pepsi" place, but the timing in my few visits to downtown Chicago has never worked out.

Where I live there is a great Greek restuarant near campus. The same family has owned it for 30 some years, they have a limited menu but the food is great and good value. They obviously aren't sinking money into the decor. I swear they have had the same Greek travel posters on the walls for 20 years. The only trouble with having lunch there is that you smell like that Greek gyros meat for the rest of the day.
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:20 AM   #17
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
I've always wanted to visit the Billy Goat Tavern for lunch, the "cheesebugha, cheesebugha, no Coke, Pepsi" place, but the timing in my few visits to downtown Chicago has never worked out.

Where I live there is a great Greek restuarant near campus. The same family has owned it for 30 some years, they have a limited menu but the food is great and good value. They obviously aren't sinking money into the decor. I swear they have had the same Greek travel posters on the walls for 20 years. The only trouble with having lunch there is that you smell like that Greek gyros meat for the rest of the day.
The Billy Goat Tavern is great. And yes, I had a "cheebugha" and Pepsi.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote