cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 06:42 PM   #101
El Jefe

El Jefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I have never once had an appeal work, I only get a reply maybe 1 out of every 10 times. When i do get a reply its a copy and paste of the rules or a comment saying something like "those are the rules"
In your last appeal, you claimed that you had no idea that referring to someone as a "switch-hitter" meant that they were gay. If your appeal goes unanswered, it probably has to do with the nature of your appeal.

Your appeal was funny, btw. We do laugh at them, but we generally don't bother responding to them if there isn't much to say.
El Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:46 PM   #102
El Jefe

El Jefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Is there a "black list" of sorts, of certain posters? I know you say that you dont read every post but when you see a post from certain posters are you more likely to read it just to make sure it is not breaking the rules? If this is true how do i get off of said list?
No, there is not. We do have your fully "rap sheet", but there is no "black list". Individual moderators probably have people that they are getting sick of. Generally, this is more likely to happen if you tend to attack the moderators, show a complete disregard for the rules, or troll. If you do all three, you probably won't be well liked by the mods, and being human, that probably affects their judgment.

But no, you're not on any black list, so I can't remove you. If I were to offer suggestions to any wishing to have better luck with the mods on Cougarboard, I would say to avoid attacking the mods, and try to at least be respectful of the rules, even if you don't agree with all of them and occasionally break them. And don't be a troll.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:48 PM   #103
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

trolling is against the rules.

what is trolling?

it must be one of those "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it" things.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #104
El Jefe

El Jefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
some of my suspensions have been from Jefe himself at 11:30pm at night for posts earlier in the day pages back. Doing the rounds I'm sure.
You're referring to the Blue Balls poster you made, I assume. I had told people to post their suggestions in the Fan Ideas category, which I would monitor. I don't read the whole board (by far), but I have been trying to monitor that category. Since you put that post in that category, I happened to notice it at 11:00 at night, when I finally got a chance that day to browse the board.

Spare me the persecution complex. I'm not out to get you. I don't do searches for MikeWaters posts trying to find a reason to ban you.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:50 PM   #105
El Jefe

El Jefe

Quote:
trolling is against the rules.

what is trolling?

it must be one of those "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it" things.
Trolling is intentionally trying to stir the pot, incense people, etc. I'm sure you're well aware of what trolling is, being such a master of it.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:52 PM   #106
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
You're referring to the Blue Balls poster you made, I assume. I had told people to post their suggestions in the Fan Ideas category, which I would monitor. I don't read the whole board (by far), but I have been trying to monitor that category. Since you put that post in that category, I happened to notice it at 11:00 at night, when I finally got a chance that day to browse the board.

Spare me the persecution complex. I'm not out to get you. I don't do searches for MikeWaters posts trying to find a reason to ban you.
I just don't get why I am being punished for impassioned discussion. Sure some people don't like it. But some people do.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:54 PM   #107
El Jefe

El Jefe

Quote:
I just don't get why I am being punished for impassioned discussion. Sure some people don't like it. But some people do.
Then make a real appeal, and maybe someone will respond to it.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:56 PM   #108
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
I can't, because I'm too angry. See that's the trick. They arbitrarily can you, which makes you angry and unable to write an unimpassioned appeal, then they can you again. it's very sneaky and evil.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #109
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
You have to ask him nicely. You see, Mike, he can deal with the trolls and the personal attacks and the stupidity. He doesn't want money and he doesn't want medals. What he does want is for you to stand there on that faggotty blue website and with your intellectual mouth extend him some @#$%ing courtesy! You gotta ask him nicely.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:01 PM   #110
El Jefe

El Jefe

Quote:
You don't like "impassioned discussion". You like to annoy the conservatives (Snipe, Tex, etc). They like to do the same to you. Neither side is interested in "impassioned discussion", just in annoying the other side, and trying to make them look stupid.