cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2008, 04:57 AM   #1
Jennerstein

Jennerstein
Default lala.com

I know this is a repost from Cougarboard, but I'm too lazy to write a new post just for Cougarguard. I found this lala.com after reading a review on my favorite tech site, arstechnica.com. One of the first websites in a while where I knew immediately I would be going back.

Basically, it's cloud music. It'll scan your mp3s, and then sync them up with its catalogue to let you play your music from its website, anywhere, anytime for free. If it can't match your music with its online database, it'll upload your music so you have access to it. Still free.

You can play any song or album once, for free. For 10 cents, you can buy a web stream version. For 79 more cents, you can purchase the mp3. 89 cents, cheaper than iTunes.

Oh, and best of all, it's DRM free.

And for those of you who were trying that last.fm playlist thing. Lala.com allows you to follow your friends playlists.
Jennerstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:58 AM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

thanks jennerstein. I am going to check it out, esp if you can share playlists.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:09 AM   #3
Jennerstein

Jennerstein

A couple caveats. They only have 6 million songs in their catalogue, so you might end up have to upload a bit of music. Also, they just went live with the new features, so their server is getting hammered. Just leave the little application on and go and run errands for a couple of days. It'll slowly upload your music to their servers.
Jennerstein is offline   Reply With Quote