cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2020, 09:15 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulcoug View Post
Thanks for the link. Sorry I should have got back to your post sooner but life is a little hectic here. We are dealing with starvation in Iran, you know!

I couldn’t go through all the parts but i read what you chose to share in here about following the clergies. It needs a little clarification/correction. The case is, as a Shia muslim, you have to be either an expert or choose an expert in your day to day religious tasks and in doing so you have to do an extensive and comprehensive research in order to find someone worth following and you have to come up with the best. And you will be held accountable if you choose the clergy or follow his orders “blindly” as it is being mentioned in the excerpt you chose to share.

The clergies, who are eligible to be followed, are constantly being challenged by new ideas and cases and they have to come up with the proper answers for their followers. They have an updated version of their original book (Resale) every other then called ( Isteftaat) which are compilation of the answers to the new questions.
It sounds complex and something I would be uncomfortable with but if you brings meaning to you, then I hope it brings you peace. I'm uncomfortable with any ecclesiastical leader telling me what I need to do in order to connect with the divine.

Reading up on your unique form of religiously controlled government is interesting but something that would be hard for a secular society to accept. We know leaders are imperfect, often corrupt and often not to be trusted. Your system seems to place a very high degree of trust in fallible human beings. I don't believe humans have earned that trust.