cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2010, 04:06 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jaime Hill fired

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars...e-byu.html.csp

Shocker.

I will say that this year's defensive squad did not look well-coached. Esp. the linebackers (have I mentioned that before?).

I was mentioning to Archaea, that it would be nice to have Rocky Long as your DC, as long as Rocky is slumming it. Of course, I didn't think that the current DC would be fired, esp. during the middle of the season.

Kind of interesting that Jan Jorgensen has negative things to say about Hill.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:28 AM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

Shocker.

I will say that this year's defensive squad did not look well-coached. Esp. the linebackers (have I mentioned that before?).

I was mentioning to Archaea, that it would be nice to have Rocky Long as your DC, as long as Rocky is slumming it. Of course, I didn't think that the current DC would be fired, esp. during the middle of the season.

Rocky wants another HC job.

What about the DC at OSU, Joe Seumalo a Polynesian with good recruiting abilities or Ted Cottrell at San Diego Chargers?
Old 10-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #3
danimal

danimal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Shocker.

Really surprised to see Bronco fire staff during the year. Our defense has been non-existent so far and the schemes totally off (see Air Force). I'm not optimistic though that we'll see a big difference in terms of outcome.
Tobias: You know, Lindsay, as a therapist, I have advised a number of couples to explore an open relationship where the couple remains emotionally committed, but free to explore extra-marital encounters.

Lindsay: Well, did it work for those people?

Tobias: No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but...but it might work for us.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:12 AM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

BYU at 1-4, firing its DC, while Utah is in the top 10. Something is amiss here.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:25 AM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
BYU at 1-4, firing its DC, while Utah is in the top 10. Something is amiss here.
Satan is to have his dominion over the world for a little while.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogs/b...ogram.html.csp

This is Bronco's admission that the wheels have come off in the program, at least on the defensive side.

He let go and delegated, and for whatever reason, it has led to something that is just not satisfactory, esp. given that he is a defensive coach.

Looks like Jaime is furious, because he sure isn't saying the PC gracious things one usually expects. He's not doing himself any favors. A head coach wants a good assistant, who is competent and loyal. He appears to be neither, by virtue of his comments.

Hopefully this puts everyone in the program on notice.

Wouldn't it be funny if ESPN put in a call to Holmoe after the Utah State game and said WTF?

This is now officially a rebuilding year. It's time to move out the dead weight. The juniors and seniors who have "earned" playing time, but in reality suck balls. Ashworth. I'm talking about you (I'm assuming he's an upper classman, but either way he sucks).

If Bronco places "culture" above performance, then screw him, he can find a new job.