cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Other College Sports

Old 06-13-2007, 02:10 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Amanda Beard, swimmer, poses for Playboy

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...ene&id=2901083

I love this quote from her in Playboy: "As someone with a healthy lifestyle, I am trying to send a positive message that different body types are sexy."

I heard her on Mike and Mike, and she said she had to go to her family and her father before making the decision, and they all said "That's wonderful!"

I can't imagine being thrilled about having my daughter go nude and have half a million guys jack off to her. Or maybe I'm weird that way.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:13 PM   #2
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...ene&id=2901083

I love this quote from her in Playboy: "As someone with a healthy lifestyle, I am trying to send a positive message that different body types are sexy."

I heard her on Mike and Mike, and she said she had to go to her family and her father before making the decision, and they all said "That's wonderful!"

I can't imagine being thrilled about having my daughter go nude and have half a million guys jack off to her. Or maybe I'm weird that way.
Yeah, she goes from the virginal fourteen year old clutching her teddy bear at the olympics to being the Speedo pinup girl.

She's on record as saying that all this stuff is strictly a business matter for her. As she ages out of swimming she's got to reinvent herself. So far it's working...she's worth millions.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:17 PM   #3
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
We'll have to check with Non Seq to see if that's the case.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:26 PM   #4
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

That's not the Beard I remember. Goat has a new favorite.

The article, not the one with Beard naked but the one discussing her decision, is great:

"
Yes, I saw Amanda Beard naked. It's not like I had any choice. She practically threw herself at me.

AP Photo/Kevork Djansezian
Amanda Beard on the cover of the July 2007 issue of Playboy.

All I had to do was log on to Playboy.com, then click on the July issue preview, then click through 16 pages before I could order the digital version, then enter my e-mail address, home address, credit card number, card expiration date, card secret code, and -- this was odd -- bust size. Then I had to approve the $4.99 charge, download a digital player, download the magazine, then click, page by page, to Page 112, where "The World's Sexiest Athlete" was definitely in her birthday suit.

I don't know if you've seen the eight-page spread (that's probably the wrong word, isn't it?) of Beard, but the photos have created quite a buzz. There's one of her naked underwater. There's a few of her naked in a shallow pool of water. There's one of her naked on a boulder. There's another one of her naked in the sand. Just about every geological surface is covered. The only thing not covered is Beard.

There seem to be three schools of thought on Beard's decision to bare all".

Here is one of the truest statements ever printed:

"What will be most interesting is the reaction in the swimming community and of the people I swim against," she says in Playboy.

I've known a couple of world- and national-class swimmers. Generally speaking -- and I mean this is in a good way -- they're sort of nuts. They train hard. They swim hard. And when it's all done, they tend to party hard. So I'm not expecting a huge backlash from her peers.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:33 PM   #5
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

Why does her face look so weird? That doesn't even look like her.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:51 PM   #6
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

And why does she say she wanted to do it to show people with all different body types are sexy. What? Has that been a problem for her? Nobody thinks her body type is sexy?
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #7
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

I think her jawline is probably the oddest part about her body.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:25 PM   #8
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
I think her jawline is probably the oddest part about her body.
She has a jawline? Huh, I didn't notice.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:12 PM   #9
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
And why does she say she wanted to do it to show people with all different body types are sexy. What? Has that been a problem for her? Nobody thinks her body type is sexy?
Well I looked up the photos and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say she's referring to the fact that she's not nearly as, um, endowed as the standard playboy model.

Or to put it in nicer terms, I think she's referring to the fact that you can take a healthful, athletic approach to sexy instead of the plastic, crash-diet approach to sexy.

Of course, you could also take the I-keep-my-clothes-on approach to sexy, but that's not as much fun.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:27 PM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

BG, you bought a playboy online subscription?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote