cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2006, 04:12 PM   #1
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Watched Nacho Libre last night...

I thought it was hilarious. The group of people I was with thought it was hilarious. And the theater we were in was rolling throughout a majority of the movie.

The movie is clean, Jack Black is great, the angles of the shots are awkward, the dialogue is witty, Jack Black sings a couple of songs, all in all a great time.

I recommend it, funniest movie I have seen in a long time.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 05:00 PM   #2
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

haha.. we had a good time at the flick.. i cracked up the whole movie.. Jack Black is a genius
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:53 PM   #3
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

My cousin liked it as well. Jack Black is pretty funny. Mrs. Siz doesnt want to go see it, but I still think that I'll find a way to either drag her along or go see it with some friends.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:33 AM   #4
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

I watched it.

It might be worth the matinee bargain price just to see Jack Black ham it up.

I thought the Mormon undertones were funny... like when Nacho's companion says a prayer he asks to 'bless the nutrients' or something like that. Nacho's desire to baptize his friend didn't strike me as a particularly catholic attitude either. There were a bunch of little things like that.

The show was mildly entertaining, but not gut-busting.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:21 AM   #5
fuegote

fuegote

My wife and I both really enjoyed it. I'm a huge fan of (clean )Jack Black and found the movie to be both intertaining and original. The training scenes were hilarious and Jack Black in "streatchy pants" is enough to have him lead oscar races.

Watch out for corn sticks in the eye (those who served on the border and in Mexico...I loved those corn things).
Old 06-25-2006, 05:40 AM   #6
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuegote
My wife and I both really enjoyed it. I'm a huge fan of (clean )Jack Black and found the movie to be both intertaining and original. The training scenes were hilarious and Jack Black in "streatchy pants" is enough to have him lead oscar races.

Watch out for corn sticks in the eye (those who served on the border and in Mexico...I loved those corn things).
That little unexpected bit of gore probably almost pushed the rating limit to pg-13. They are called 'helotes,' and they are very tasty. Corn cob on stick, dipped in mayo and margarine, sprinkled with chile. I can buy them from street vendors on my block. The 'hood has its perks.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:03 PM   #7
fuegote

fuegote

I forgot what they were called, but I do remember how good they were. Every time I saw him with one I laughed internally. They used to have "cars" similar to Ice Cream cars that sold them.

Good times for the helotes.