cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 01:25 AM   #161
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahWaters View Post
I have the opposite problem, the crotch of mine always hang too low. Everybody's body is different, how are they supposed to have one design that will work for everyone?
All this women's garment talk is really putting a damper on my desire.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:48 AM   #162
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
in our lives?

What does this say to women in the church today?

Women here, do you have any opinions about this?
"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh"

There are times when my children attempt to access their father in favor of their mother, perhaps to pit one against the other, or in the hopes one is gentler than the other. And there are times when a child speaks to their father, undertanding that the child is speaking to both father and mother ... parents, husband and wife, one flesh!

We are admonished to seek perfect harmony with our spouse. To act as one, to be of one mind. As parents we are our most effective when we are absolute partners, unified in thought and action. One no more important than the other. One unable to act authoritatively without the other ... each fulfilling his/her role perfectly.

It is not an issue of chivalric respect. When I speak to one I am speaking to the other. He is my Father in Heaven, my parent, fullfilling his role perfectly. I am not attempting to access one in favor of the other ... I understand that I AM speaking to BOTH father and mother, my heavenly parents.

Last edited by tooblue; 10-08-2007 at 02:52 AM.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote