cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 06:52 PM   #41
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Careful TB, you wouldn't want to allow the entire world to observe your obvious immaturity and lack of intelligence on GC Sunday. My point is simply the church should be more inclusive and, as you so brilliantly exemplify, a bit less judgmental.

Perhaps you could revert to your uneducated anti-evolution mode. Give us some variety.
If you're going to repeatedly get bent out of shape about immaturity and judgementalism, you might want to avoid indulging so frequently in it yourself.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:52 PM   #42
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

The church tells women it is a sin to not be in the home fulltime, and your wife thinks she is wrong, in the church's eyes, to stay in the home?

Weird. Maybe she does need someone in my profession if that is the case.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:55 PM   #43
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Careful TB, you wouldn't want to allow the entire world to observe your obvious immaturity and lack of intelligence on GC Sunday. My point is simply the church should be more inclusive and, as you so brilliantly exemplify, a bit less judgmental.

Perhaps you could revert to your uneducated anti-evolution mode. Give us some variety.
You are no different than any other poster here. When you cannot contend with a strong opinion you dengrate with insult. And by doing so you hope to dodge the real questions, to push the discussion into the realm of name calling ... you hope that your lack of thoughtful opinion will be forgotten about in the barrage of name calling.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:56 PM   #44
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
It's the women with jobs that are feeling guilty in the church, not the other way around.
I don't think the guilt is confined to one camp or the other. I've seen evidence that supports what each of you is saying.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:58 PM   #45
tooblue

Quote:
The church tells women it is a sin to not be in the home fulltime, and your wife thinks she is wrong, in the church's eyes, to stay in the home?

The church does not equate it with sin. If you can't empathize or offer more by way of helpful opinion then don't resort to hurtful comments guised as humor or feigned concern.

It's unbecoming

Last edited by tooblue; 10-07-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:07 PM   #46
tooblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy in RS View Post
I used to wear two earrings so as to avoid ever having to converse with jerks such as yourself.
And now I am a jerk? I offer a counter point to the general attitude that prevails in this thread and I am now painted as a caricature of every misogynistic, condescending male you have ever encountered in the church.

Don’t take your frustrations out on me. It’s unfortunate you appear to assume so much. I have not saddled you with an insult. I just might meet you one day. I’ll reserve such judgments until such time.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:07 PM   #47
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
The church does not equate it with sin. If you can't empathize or offer more by way of helpful opinion then don't resort to hurtful comments guised as humor or feigned concern.

It's unbecoming
I think therapy could help a lot of people. If you know someone that is conflicted and unhappy, what is wrong with therapy?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:08 PM   #48
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:

We never need a logical reason to feel guilty.
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:12 PM   #49
Sassy in RS

Sassy in RS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
And now I am a jerk? I offer a counter point to the general attitude that prevails in this thread and I am now painted as a caricature of every misogynistic, condescending male you have ever encountered in the church.

Don’t take your frustrations out on me. It’s unfortunate you appear to assume so much. I have not saddled you with an insult. I just might meet you one day. I’ll reserve such judgments until such time.
Misogynistic? Check.

Condescending? Check.

Feigning ignorance of the point I made? Check.
Sassy in RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:12 PM   #50
tooblue

Quote:
I think therapy could help a lot of people. If you know someone that is conflicted and unhappy, what is wrong with therapy?

Personally I love therapy, don't have a problem with it. But that's not what is in question here. I have not played by the rules in this thread in helping to further solidify the notion that most or all woman are supressed, cajoled and in general forgotten about by the church at GC.

I offer a completely valid, interesting and different perspective, and I or my wife are so conflicted that we might require therapy?

It must be disturbing when the reflection in the mirror talks back and doesn't merely reiterate what was said.