cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 09:53 PM   #11
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Bright View Post
Dinosaur bones.
Tools of the devil, designed to lead men astray from the true doctrines of god.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:54 PM   #12
Burning Bright

Burning Bright is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
Tools of the devil, designed to lead men astray from the true doctrines of god.

Ok, this is what I get for asking this board a serious question. Thanks a lot.
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:55 PM   #13
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
What are your thoughts? Does my opinion make sense or am I being unreasonable. I'm curious as to what your thoughts are?
My thought is that you should be way more concerned with the lack of quality of education your daughter is receiving at this charlatan institution. Pajama Day? Where is the focus on academia and theory? What about the socratic method?

If you go the museum route, may I suggest you take your children to the Museum of Sex? it is on 5th avenue in manhattan and is quite interesting. That would be far better than Pajama Day.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:00 PM   #14
Burning Bright

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
My thought is that you should be way more concerned with the lack of quality of education your daughter is receiving at this charlatan institution. Pajama Day? Where is the focus on academia and theory? What about the socratic method?

If you go the museum route, may I suggest you take your children to the Museum of Sex? it is on 5th avenue in manhattan and is quite interesting. That would be far better than Pajama Day.
You're joking but I actually agree with you, in part. Where is the focus on academia? Where's the professionalism?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:02 PM   #15
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ok, this is what I get for asking this board a serious question. Thanks a lot.
Sorry, I just assumed you must be joking with such an absurd question.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:02 PM   #16
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
You're joking but I actually agree with you, in part. Where is the focus on academia? Where's the professionalism?
I am not joking. It really is on 5th Avenue.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:07 PM   #17
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's assume, for a moment, that you're serious. In that case, I think you're over the top about this and should back off. There will be enough times that a kid will feel like the oddball out as amormon growing up without adding somethign from kindergarten as benign as pajama days. Besides, using your defintiion, why will the fact that she is wearing pjs mean she is necessarily acting as though any boy was an intimate friend? Not bloody likely in Kindergarten.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:12 PM   #18
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Let's assume, for a moment, that you're serious. In that case, I think you're over the top about this and should back off. There will be enough times that a kid will feel like the oddball out as amormon growing up without adding somethign from kindergarten as benign as pajama days. Besides, using your defintiion, why will the fact that she is wearing pjs mean she is necessarily acting as though any boy was an intimate friend? Not bloody likely in Kindergarten.
Agree, in addition you're putting ridiculously high emphasis on modesty and weirdness to law of chastity issues and no doubt on the road to creating an awkwardness in your kids towards opposite sex and sex in general that will likely lead to lack of confidence in those areas and polarize them into becoming extremes: either sex addicts or non-sexual frigid to the point of wrecking their marriage relationships.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:15 PM   #19
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Save your ammunition for when they want her to get involved in "understanding the lesbian lifestyle". Then pull her out and you won't be seen as someone who screams foul over every little thing.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:38 PM   #20
Burning Bright

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Why would my kid feel like an oddball because they're Mormon? Being LDS is awesome. Isn't it the non-mormons that feel like oddballs?