cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 08:37 PM   #31
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
It is not that he hadn't gotten around to telling his apostles and prophets yet Tex. It is that they weren't listening because they are somewhat prideful as natural men and don't want to admit they screwed it up in the first place. You get enough fresh blood that isn't emotionally tied to the mistake and it changes.

Do you think it is a coincidence that you have a new member of the First Presidency and three new Apostles in the last year and the change is made? I don't.

You and your ilk have to get over the idea of the prophets making mistakes. This revision is only the latest and most public mistake they have admitted making.

Someday they will take Wilford Woodruff's dicta out from behind the Manifesto (or just trash the Manifestos altogether) too. It is just as silly as the commentary now stricken from the BofM.
They weren't listening. But you were. That thought brings me great comfort.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:40 PM   #32
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
In no small part because Adam had been reading all those academic journals on mitochondrial DNA studies of Native American and Meso-American peoples in 1980.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:47 PM   #33
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Trying to see if you will back from your silly claim that a group of travelers migrating from the MidEast to the Western Hemisphere is fantastical. It may not have happened or we may not have the record, even though many believe otherwise, but just trying to get you to back down from your overstated claim.
I swear you have terrible reading comprehension. I never made that claim. If you think I did, you're wrong.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #34
woot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I really don't think that's what he's saying. We "evil free-thinkers" figure things out through other means and point out contradictions between religion and reality. At some time in the future, religion generally catches up. That doesn't make us prophets.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:14 PM   #35
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
If you were an honest and thoughtful person, Tex, this is what you would say.

"Although I might disagree in nearly every other instance, I have to now admit that Adam and others who criticized the 'principal ancestor' language of the BofM intro. It is now clear that the Church agrees with Adam and others that the language went too far, was unsupported by either evidence or revelation, and needed to be stricken. While I reserve the right to object to future positions taken by Adam and his ilk, I will now give greater pause and realize that like a stopped clock, they are occasionally right on target."
Truth will out.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:17 PM   #36
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
I swear you have terrible reading comprehension. I never made that claim. If you think I did, you're wrong.
Woot also wrote:

Quote:
Nope, it's not something that can really be proven false, but it does seem very unlikely. I put it in the same category as any other fantastical idea that isn't disprovable.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:21 PM   #37
woot

Quote:
Woot also wrote:
Right... and did you miss the extremely explicit context in which I very clearly and repeatedly explicated that I was referring to the specific story, and not some overarching theoretical concept, or did you just choose to ignore all that so that you could pretend to have caught me in a bad position?

You don't exactly have a stellar history with comprehending my posts.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:27 PM   #38
Archaea

Quote:
Right... and did you miss the extremely explicit context in which I very clearly and repeatedly explicated that I was referring to the specific story, and not some overarching theoretical concept, or did you just choose to ignore all that so that you could pretend to have caught me in a bad position?

You don't exactly have a stellar history with comprehending my posts.
I comprehend your posts just fine, I'm just looking behind for your devices which you employ to deceive and to distort.

You didn't make it clear as a bell that the fantastical was relating to the story, or what part of the story you contend is fantastical. And that's my point, people meandering through a desert and actually floating on a sea, may be difficult but not fantastical. It's even possible for a person in a 24 foot Falmouth Cutter to make the journey with just another person. You clearly have very little if any sailing knowledge.

Are you saying the entire premise is fantastical, or the premise on this story because you believe Mormons are f...ing liars or what premise. We get you disbelieve, that everything is a f..ing charade designed to cheat you personally. We get that you are a son of a bitch personally deceived. And we also get you believe you're the smartest bastard around.

Read what you wrote it isn't clear as a bell. Writing is not your specialty.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:37 PM   #39
woot

Quote:
I comprehend your posts just fine, I'm just looking behind for your devices which you employ to deceive and to distort.

You didn't make it clear as a bell that the fantastical was relating to the story, or what part of the story you contend is fantastical. And that's my point, people meandering through a desert and actually floating on a sea, may be difficult but not fantastical. It's even possible for a person in a 24 foot Falmouth Cutter to make the journey with just another person. You clearly have very little if any sailing knowledge.

Are you saying the entire premise is fantastical, or the premise on this story because you believe Mormons are f...ing liars or what premise. We get you disbelieve, that everything is a f..ing charade designed to cheat you personally. We get that you are a son of a bitch personally deceived. And we also get you believe you're the smartest bastard around.

Read what you wrote it isn't clear as a bell. Writing is not your specialty.
I can't imagine how far up your ass your head must be for you have to produced that post. You're clearly up in the night, but characteristically continue to pretend to know what I mean better than I do, and then come up with all sort of ridiculous things that I also must believe, which you clearly gleaned from you perfect ability to understand the feelings of someone through the internet even when these premonitions directly contradict their words. I also love how you continue to use relatively recent examples as if they were relevant to a story that takes place in 600 BC. Thinking is not your specialty.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:41 PM   #40
Archaea

Quote:
I can't imagine how far up your ass your head must be for you have to produced that post. You're clearly up in the night, but characteristically continue to pretend to know what I mean better than I do, and then come up with all sort of ridiculous things that I also must believe, which you clearly gleaned from you perfect ability to understand the feelings of someone through the internet even when these premonitions directly contradict their words. I also love how you continue to use relatively recent examples as if they were relevant to a story that takes place in 600 BC. Thinking is not your specialty.
Do you know what the ancient seafarers were capable of?

You are more difficult to get a concession than Tex and that's saying a lot. If you want to whine like all the other dumbass antis, go for it.