cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2008, 07:38 PM   #11
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon View Post
Dear Adam,

Maybe someday, if you work really, really hard, and are really, really good . . . . you'll be as awesome as I am. I look forward to seeing you grow up like I did, although it seems to be taking you WAY longer than it took me. Keep it up, little tiger. You'll get here eventually.

Actually, Adam, keep shaking that tree.

"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall." - Che Guevara

If all you care to read is the review, this one is good.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:41 PM   #12
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon View Post
Dear Adam,

Maybe someday, if you work really, really hard, and are really, really good . . . . you'll be as awesome as I am. I look forward to seeing you grow up like I did, although it seems to be taking you WAY longer than it took me. Keep it up, little tiger. You'll get here eventually.

Actually, Adam, keep shaking that tree.

"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall." - Che Guevara

boooooo! ssssssssssssssss!
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:52 PM   #13
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

I actually enjoyed the post. It had some good points. Everyone should relax and enjoy the ride. Members and leaders alike. The church should be allowed to teach what they want and the members should be allowed to disagree publicly or privately. The church should get out of the politics arena and preach their version of the gospel. Leave politics to citizens and politicians. Members should take what is taught at church and make a choice of whether they agree or not. No need to try and change the church. It will change in time. For what its worth, I believe the church should take the first step and lighten up. I would bet both nuts, members wouldn't feel the need to lash out.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:05 PM   #14
Dan

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wow, what a reception.

Thank you for kind words, though that is not what I am seeking. I have never really interacted much with Seattle Ute, Solon and Triplet Daddy before, but I am sorry if you misunderstand tender words in the warped way you apparently saw them.

I am speaking of a cross-roads that many come to when they uncover too much LDS history. It is a crossroads that many try to straddle for a long time, but in the end they are normally forced to chose a direction out of the church or in the church.

This cross-roads comes at different ages for different people, it all depends on the timing of when they start making their discoveries. This cross-roads is a gut wrenching experience and can last for years. A number of you or a lot of you, I assume, know what I am talking about here. It appears to me that Adam is in the cross-roads cross-hairs. I gave a very brief description of how I found peace for myself in a way that allowed me to again find joy in the church and to focus on the real purpose of the church. Many people in this cross-roads choose differently, like a seattle ute or a Richard Dutcher or whoever, and they leave the church. Everyone has their choice.

Of course we all go through many cross-roads in life, but the one I am talking about specifically is that pertaining to the church after discovery of certain things related to the church. Too many people try to act in a manner that Adam is acting and in the big picture it is not their place to do so in that manner and if the behavior continues it leads people at that cross-roads out of the church. That is fine if it what he or anyone wants to do, and I will not lose any sleep over it. But I generally care enough for my spirit brothers and sisters that I am willing to extend a hand through words of encouragement, or whatever.

I am sorry if people completely miss my point and focus on something unintended (eg, Solon). And for someone who complains a lot about Nibley's brief and spotted review of Brody, seattle ute is quick to jump on board with a "review" of a simple post of mine of even lesser quality. Yes I know there was probably a bit of sarcasm and good natured fun in some of the responses, but Solon did not do justice to his namesake, that is for sure.

Temet Nosce - \"Know Thyself\"
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:07 PM   #15
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Thank you for kind words, though that is not what I am seeking. I have never really interacted much with Seattle Ute, Solon and Triplet Daddy before, but I am sorry if you misunderstand tender words in the warped way you apparently saw them.

I am speaking of a cross-roads that many come to when they uncover too much LDS history. It is a crossroads that many try to straddle for a long time, but in the end they are normally forced to chose a direction out of the church or in the church.

This cross-roads comes at different ages for different people, it all depends on the timing of when they start making their discoveries. This cross-roads is a gut wrenching experience and can last for years. A number of you or a lot of you, I assume, know what I am talking about here. It appears to me that Adam is in the cross-roads cross-hairs. I gave a very brief description of how I found peace for myself in a way that allowed me to again find joy in the church and to focus on the real purpose of the church. Many people in this cross-roads choose differently, like a seattle ute or a Richard Dutcher or whoever, and they leave the church. Everyone has their choice.

Of course we all go through many cross-roads in life, but the one I am talking about specifically is that pertaining to the church after discovery of certain things related to the church. Too many people try to act in a manner that Adam is acting and in the big picture it is not their place to do so in that manner and if the behavior continues it leads people at that cross-roads out of the church. That is fine if it what he or anyone wants to do, and I will not lose any sleep over it. But I generally care enough for my spirit brothers and sisters that I am willing to extend a hand through words of encouragement, or whatever.

I am sorry if people completely miss my point and focus on something unintended (eg, Solon). And for someone who complains a lot about Nibley's brief and spotted review of Brody, seattle ute is quick to jump on board with a "review" of a simple post of mine of even lesser quality. Yes I know there was probably a bit of sarcasm and good natured fun in some of the responses, but Solon did not do justice to his namesake, that is for sure.
I thought I agreed with you?

My Solon post was a reference to his other current thread about worrying about his daughter.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:07 PM   #16
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Dan, your words are interesting and knowing you, it would not be fair for you to be bragging about yourself.

However, if Adam is to become like Dan, does that make him a pre-Danite, instead of you being a pre-Adamite, or is it the other way around?
Old 02-27-2008, 08:11 PM   #17
Dan

Default Sorry Triplet, I was referring to post #10 of this thread

I must have mis-understood.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:11 PM   #18
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post

How could you expect not to sound condescending?

Solon was also a war hero.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:15 PM   #19
Dan

Default And Archaea, now we have come full circle

You were there on that painful (score-wise) foursome morning on the golf course with Adam. It was a fun time. Whether it is a pre Danite or Adamite (very clever, BTW), one thing is sure, and that is that this whole thing circles around and around where someone is always pre someone else in the process.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:20 PM   #20
Dan

Default Solon, I guess one could view it as condescending

... if they sort of ignore the plain intent of what I was saying, and were looking at me as having cynical ultierior motives or something. As if I need to indulge in such prideful nonsense. IMO, your reaction to what I said probably reveals A LOT more about you than your review did about the intent of my original post.