cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2008, 04:07 PM   #11
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default From talking with a lawyer friend of mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Will a legal expert lawyer type chime in here. What impact does it have on the permissibility of discovered evidence found in a search based upon an affadavit and warrant that names the wrong man? Further, what is the legality of using such evidence discovered in the search in prosecutions against other men not named in the original warrant, if of course the permissibility is not impacted based upon the wrong name?

I am beginning to believe that Jeffs was purposely endeavoring to provoke some authorities with his YFZ Ranch.
who works for the Utah AG's office, there could be numerous issues with what the Texas authorities did.........he expects the FLDS to add to their coffers once this thing is over.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:10 PM   #12
exUte

Default Texas law permits the rounding

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikuman View Post
<laughs condescendingly in shock at the ignorance of Texas law in this statement>

Can I get an Irony Police ruling here?
up of hundreds of people and detained for days/weeks based on the account of one anonymous caller?

Nikuman condescending? Nah!

BTW.......how much money do you think the FLDS win in an eventual legal judgement?
Old 04-10-2008, 04:21 PM   #13
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
who works for the Utah AG's office, there could be numerous issues with what the Texas authorities did.........he expects the FLDS to add to their coffers once this thing is over.
Exie, it is my experience that people of similar capacity tend to be friendly. You know "birds of like feathers flock together." Knowing that I think you are about as sharp as a spoon, I choose to not put a great deal of faith in your buddies analysis and I wait for the opinion of someone who adds more to this venue than demonstrating the great functionality of the word "douche."

As a noun: Ex is a douche.
As a verb: With ex's presence here, Cougarguard needs to douche itself on occasion.

Please, I offer my response as lovingly as I can muster.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #14
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Exie, it is my experience that people of similar capacity tend to be friendly. You know "birds of like feathers flock together." Knowing that I think you are about as sharp as a spoon, I choose to not put a great deal of faith in your buddies analysis and I wait for the opinion of someone who adds more to this venue than demonstrating the great functionality of the word "douche."

As a verb: With ex's presence here, Cougarguard needs to douche itself on occasion.

Goat, can we get examples with adverbs and adjectives? And maybe a sentence where you use all four at once?
Old 04-10-2008, 05:15 PM   #15
exUte

Default Here's just a wild guess........

Quote:

my friend who is an attorney in the AG's office has more legal sense than some employee at the Sheep Testing center in Idaho. But that's just a guess. BTW........what other legal opinions has your question garnered. Oh right. None. So I guess you prefer no opinions. LOL

BTW.......you seem like an expert on douches and other feminine hygiene products....from personal experiences and use?
Old 04-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #16
exUte

Default Sex in the FLDS temple? Sold!

Signed, Goatnapper.

When is Goat moving to Texas?
Old 04-10-2008, 05:51 PM   #17
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

The idea that the authorities in Texas would ignore the reports of an informant, waiting for corroborative evidence before asking for a search warrant, receiving it, and then performing said search, is far more disturbing to me than the idea of the authorities taking the children to a safe place until their safety is assured.

exute, you're once again showing the unimpressive limits of your intellect.

Quote:
The first warrant only authorized authorities to locate evidence to help them identify a 16-year-old girl, whose calls to a family shelter claiming physical and sexual abuse prompted the raid and other court orders that eventually led to all 416 children taken from the YFZ Ranch in Eldorado.
The authorities were, in fact, authorized to search for evidence to locate this girl & evidence of reported crimes. I was not aware that evidence ofcrimes discovered during the legal search for evidence of a separate crime is considered illegal search.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:58 PM   #18
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Maybe I'm just near-sighted but I think removing those children from the start has been a good thing.

If it helps to prevent the rape and sexual abuse of even just one underage girl then to me it's worth it.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:11 PM   #19
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Maybe I'm just near-sighted but I think removing those children from the start has been a good thing.

If it helps to prevent the rape and sexual abuse of even just one underage girl then to me it's worth it.
Personally, if authorities suspected I was abusing my kid, I'd hope they'd separate me from her until they were sure it was OK.

Note that I would demand that they had a reasonable reason to suspect the abuse...

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #20
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post

Perhaps. I'm all for protecting abuse of women, underage or not, but if in the process of saving one abused girl we totally destroy/disrupt the lives of 399 others who are not being abused, something is wrong with the process.

Now that's not to say that this is exactly the case here, but if we're talking hypothetically, then it's a valid concern. The gov't ought to have exceptionally good cause before they can take away your children.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote