cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2008, 06:03 PM   #31
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
[AMENDED]Adam, we all (with the predictable exception of Lebowski) realize that you are Seattle Ute in embryo; the only question is how long is the gestation period.[/AMENDED]
Count me as another exception. And I like SU (generally).
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:04 PM   #32
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Mike, I am interested in the growth and perfection of the Church. I am interested in discussing the Church and its beauty and imperfections.

I am not really interested in whether SeattleUte is a POS or not. His ideas I am open to debate and criticize or endorse. Attacking his person is not interesting to me.

He feels joy at the travails of the Church over the gay marriage issue. You can react by calling him a POS or you can discuss whether the Church is a net evil so that its travails are a joyful thing in spite of the pain those travails cause some of its members.

I advocate discussing the issues over personal attacks against SeattleUte or any and all others.
I agree with this, as well.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:08 PM   #33
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Although I truly like Seattle, I don't agree with him over the travails the Church is experiencing. It pains me for them to make what appears to be a tactical mistake relative to the gay issue.

I see the Church as losing, unnecessarily good will and political capital by going to bat for this issue. That is not something I enjoy but it appears Seattle takes joy over it. I disagree.

Yet, and others will and have disagreed, that Seattle is a POS. And Indy thinks the same of Adam and perhaps yours truly. I suppose that sort of exchange comes with the internet.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:09 PM   #34
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Another vote for the small tent. You would have run out Elder Eyring's father too, no doubt. And Orson Pratt. And Eugene England. All those who dissent are apostates to you.

If I ever stop supporting the Church with my time and money, and I highly doubt I ever will, it will be because of self-righteous pricks like you who ostracize me for thinking for myself and having the courage to say what I think out loud. But you would be happier without having to face my voice from the pew. It would make your worldview more clear if my voice was coming from the bitter apostate camp rather than from PEC meeting.
I served with Elder Eyring's father. I knew Elder Eyring's father. Elder Eyring's father was a friend of mine.

Adam, you are no Elder Eyring's father.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:42 PM   #35
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Another vote for the small tent. You would have run out Elder Eyring's father too, no doubt. And Orson Pratt. And Eugene England. All those who dissent are apostates to you.

If I ever stop supporting the Church with my time and money, and I highly doubt I ever will, it will be because of self-righteous pricks like you who ostracize me for thinking for myself and having the courage to say what I think out loud. But you would be happier without having to face my voice from the pew. It would make your worldview more clear if my voice was coming from the bitter apostate camp rather than from PEC meeting.
If you ever stop supporting the church?

LOL...........
Old 07-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #36
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

The First counselor in the Stake Presidency called our house on Saturday night. I never answer the phone so he spoke to my wife.

He explained that the Stake was calling families, asking them to donate. He asked my wife if we would think about it. Up to that point, I thought it was handled well. After all, he was just doing his job.

However, he then also said he wants us to send him an email to confirm whether we intend to donate and that he has been asked to keep track of all responses (allegedly to make sure they do not dupe up on contacting the same family twice....allegedly). Yikes! I am moving to Utah for a few months until this all blows over.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:32 PM   #37
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Yeah, it will be because of me. The devil made you do it?

The reason I said you were an SU in embryo is because your rhetoric is increasingly indistinguishable from SU's. That's a simple observation. I'm not pushing anyone out, you're already tipping your hand with the language you choose to use in your disagreements with people and policies.

Last edited by Indy Coug; 07-28-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #38
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
The First counselor in the Stake Presidency called our house on Saturday night. I never answer the phone so he spoke to my wife.

He explained that the Stake was calling families, asking them to donate. He asked my wife if we would think about it. Up to that point, I thought it was handled well. After all, he was just doing his job.

However, he then also said he wants us to send him an email to confirm whether we intend to donate and that he has been asked to keep track of all responses (allegedly to make sure they do not dupe up on contacting the same family twice....allegedly). Yikes! I am moving to Utah for a few months until this all blows over.
Are you going to send an email?
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:06 PM   #39
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Triple, you need to send that email saying "no", as it may be put in your file and prevent you from ever having a calling of responsibility.

You can't afford to not send that email in!
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:09 PM   #40
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Reasons given for gathering data like this have always been supposedly for people's convenience. When will we ever learn?
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote