cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 11:50 PM   #41
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

[QUOTE=Archaea;67809]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post

If you believe you words were so well-reasoned and considered, why do you believe nonsequitur posted the question?

It appears from your posts that you do dislike and hold disdain for many if not most of us. And the reasoning is unclear.
I don't hate you, but again if you feel that way, then that is fine with me. I've made my issue with you clear on many occasions. The way you distort what I say and take it from there and confuse yourself is something you'll have to sort out on your own.

While I like NS and have respect for him, I don't hold him or his question up as being the measuring stick for whether my opinions and thoughts are well-reasonsed or not. And that goes for pretty much everyone on here. However if you'd like I'll be your conscientious measuring stick of what are good arguments and bullyewt gerrymandering blabber that comes from you if you'd like?

oh sorry..I'll edit in this last line...since you're uber sensitive today taking from me what are perceived insults...that last line was a joke. Relax.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 03-26-2007 at 11:54 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:05 AM   #42
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=RockyBalboa;67810]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

I don't hate you, but again if you feel that way, then that is fine with me. I've made my issue with you clear on many occasions. The way you distort what I say and take it from there and confuse yourself is something you'll have to sort out on your own.

While I like NS and have respect for him, I don't hold him or his question up as being the measuring stick for whether my opinions and thoughts are well-reasonsed or not. And that goes for pretty much everyone on here. However if you'd like I'll be your conscientious measuring stick of what are good arguments and bullyewt gerrymandering blabber that comes from you if you'd like?
You are the one who judged persons as apostates. I am simply asking for you to be a bit more civil and to consider differing points of view. Your point view is valuable just as the next guy.

You have a combatative style without considering other viewpoints. You are not trained in rhetoric and so what seems reasonable and logical to you may not seem reasonable and logical to those trained in these artforms.

This is a relatively open forum and you are free to do as you wish, within reason. However, do not be surprised, if you are on an island if you do not respect the rights of others.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:08 AM   #43
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You are the one who judged persons as apostates. I am simply asking for you to be a bit more civil and to consider differing points of view. Your point view is valuable just as the next guy.

You have a combatative style without considering other viewpoints. You are not trained in rhetoric and so what seems reasonable and logical to you may not seem reasonable and logical to those trained in these artforms.

This is a relatively open forum and you are free to do as you wish, within reason. However, do not be surprised, if you are on an island if you do not respect the rights of others.
Your stamina in this crusade is impressive, Archaea. But if you keep trying to push that rock ...errrr.... "Rocky".... up the hill then we are going to have to start calling you Sisyphus.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:16 AM   #44
RockyBalboa

[QUOTE=Archaea;67813]
Quote:

SeattleUte and Aaron are apostates. No judgement there, just a factual statement backed up by oodles of proof and posts.

You also have a combative style sometimes, though I'm sure you always feel justified in yours. You're right,,,I'm not professionally trained in rhetoric like you are. You're paid to do that for a living and quite often go overboard with it, and while it's amusing to watch... it's no surprise that when it comes to rhetoric that I'm not on your level.

Guys like SEIQ, Dan and a few other intellectuals (even though they dislike me which I could care less)...I actually respect their search for knowledge because as far out as some of them I personally think are, at the same time I respect their search for knowledge and truth. Their intentions are clear. The other 2 that I've pointed out,,,their intentions when it comes to LDS topics are also clear, but they seek to deconstruct and destroy. I do NOT respect that.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 03-27-2007 at 12:19 AM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:20 AM   #45
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=RockyBalboa;67818]
Quote:

SeattleUte and Aaron are apostates. No judgement there, just a factual statement backed up by oodles of proof and posts.

You also have a combative style sometimes, though I'm sure you always feel justified in yours. You're right,,,I'm not professionally trained in rhetoric like you are. You're paid to do that for a living and quite often go overboard with it, and while it's amusing to watch... it's no surprise that when it comes to rhetoric that I'm not on your level.

Guys like SEIQ, Dan and a few other intellectuals...I actually respect their search for knowledge because as far out as some of them I personally think are, at the same time I respect their search for knowledge and truth. Their intentions are clear. The other 2 that I've pointed out,,,their intentions when it comes to LDS topics are also clear, but they seek to deconstruct and destroy. I do NOT respect that.
As far Aaron is concerned, I don't believe Aaron was ever a member, perhaps I err in that.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:23 AM   #46
RockyBalboa

[QUOTE=Archaea;67820]
Quote:

As far Aaron is concerned, I don't believe Aaron was ever a member, perhaps I err in that.
If he never was a member then I also err. Certainly wouldn't be the first of many times.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:39 AM   #47
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe this should be a boardmail conversation? Or perhaps a flagpole after school meeting?
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:50 AM   #48
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The word "apostate" is a judgment in itself.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:08 AM   #49
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon View Post
The word "apostate" is a judgment in itself.
Yep it is and the way I used it in this case was an accurate judgement.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:39 AM   #50
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yep it is and the way I used it in this case was an accurate judgement.
Accurate, I suppose, is in the eye of the beholder.

Jesus was considered an apostate Jew.