cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2006, 06:48 PM   #31
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by insecure 4th grader who is picked on a lot at school
Hmm...you seem to know a lot about the issue. Oh please enlighten us.
Ok. If you suddenly fall out of favor here and find you have no friends, what is your response?

A.) Commit suicide.

B.) Feel sad inside.

C.) Go desperately searching for new imaginary friends.

If you responded with A, B, or C, you have deep-seated emotional problems. This indicates an unhealthy attachment to relationships founded on the internet... something once only D&D geeks did.

Quote:
it if means so little, why do you labor so hard to receive the negative esteem associated with being a dick?
Said the pot. You crack me up, fussy.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:51 PM   #32
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo

Ok. If you suddenly fall out of favor here and find you have no friends, what is your response?

A.) Commit suicide.

B.) Feel sad inside.

C.) Go desperately searching for new imaginary friends.

If you responded with A, B, or C, you have deep-seated emotional problems. This indicates an unhealthy attachment to relationships founded on the internet... something once only D&D geeks did.
OK. Let me see if I can decipher the Lingo-logic here.

You were bragging that you were disliked by me, Mike, and some Ute fans. I responded that the club membership was perhaps a little deeper than you had let on. You now seem to be staking out a position that your trolling demonstrates a healthy view of life and a lack of dependence on "imaginary" internet friends. Thus implying that the rest of us are the real losers.

Well, by that logic you and your compadres must have private social lives that are the envy of all who know you. And by compadres, I would have to lump you in with Bill@KK, xx97, and exUte based on your posting style. Kind of a "Troller's Hall of Fame", if you will.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:58 PM   #33
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't this whole thread based on Mike complaining about getting a slap on the wrist for using the term 'fubar' on CB? Seems like a pretty open and shut case. FUBAR, as an acronym, clearlly has the fuck word in it for MOST people, and it always has. That was the first understanding of the term, and it continues to be the most universally accepted meaning of the term.

Maybe Mike didn't know that. Maybe that rule sucks. But the rule is written as clear as day in perfectly understandable terms. Most of what JohnnyLingo says might be ass-vomit, but the man is right -- when people come here and complain about the reasons they get kicked out of CB, 9 out of 10 times the people sound like little snot-nosed cry-babies.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:41 PM   #34
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
when people come here and complain about the reasons they get kicked out of CB, 9 out of 10 times the people sound like little snot-nosed cry-babies.
What does it sound like when people come here and directly or indirectly complain about the well-known and clearly set forth rules and procedures of this board?
Old 03-20-2006, 11:53 PM   #35
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
...But the rule is written as clear as day in perfectly understandable terms. ... when people come here and complain about the reasons they get kicked out of CB, 9 out of 10 times the people sound like little snot-nosed cry-babies.
Amen to that.

You know, there was once this guy that didn't like how CG was being run and he ending up having a major melt-down. Even went back and deleted hundreds of posts. Sheesh, talk about a cry-baby.

:wink:
Old 03-20-2006, 11:55 PM   #36
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

And one more thing:

Quote:
Isn't this whole thread based on Mike complaining about getting a slap on the wrist for using the term 'fubar' on CB?
That is a complete mischaracterization of the first post in this thread. Go back and read it. It was simply an observation.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:01 AM   #37
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster
Quote:
when people come here and complain about the reasons they get kicked out of CB, 9 out of 10 times the people sound like little snot-nosed cry-babies.
What does it sound like when people come here and directly or indirectly complain about the well-known and clearly set forth rules and procedures of this board?
There is no 'constitution' here, like there is on CG. It is an oligarchy. My complaints were an attempt, within this community, to change the character of the board. They failed.

It is a problem with oligarchies that the character of the community is largely defined by how it is seeded in the first place. I had hoped to change the character of the original seeding. I thought I could do it.

How should my complaints sound? I suppose they should different on a board that purports to be open to ideas, and claims to be an open forum, than they would on a board that clearlly defines what it is.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:05 AM   #38
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

they are an open forum; we have a smaller subforum for our friends.

You will find more is tolerated here and less trolling. The discussions are more vigorous and tougher.

However, intellectual dishonesty is less frequent, or so it may appear.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:15 AM   #39
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboy
And one more thing:

Quote:
Isn't this whole thread based on Mike complaining about getting a slap on the wrist for using the term 'fubar' on CB?
That is a complete mischaracterization of the first post in this thread. Go back and read it. It was simply an observation.
Oops, my bad. But YOUR first take on it was to comment on how little provocation it takes to get korihored, and Mike's first response below his initial response was the same.

Considering the title of the thread, your first response, and mike's second response, I don't think my response is a 'complete mischaracterization of the first post in his thread.'
Old 03-21-2006, 01:20 AM   #40
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
they are an open forum; we have a smaller subforum for our friends.

You will find more is tolerated here and less trolling. The discussions are more vigorous and tougher.

However, intellectual dishonesty is less frequent, or so it may appear.
Right on. On CB, everyone donor starts of with exactly the same rights as every other donor. On CG, everyone starts off with limited access, and depending on the whims of the majority of the early participants, people 'earn' citizenship within the community. On CB, cliques and subclicks develop naturally throught the 'friends' feature, and through the ignore feature. On CG, exclusivity is built into the board "charter," and the character of the exclusive, rather than being a natural growth of ALL participants, is largely a reflection of the ideas and beliefs of the earliest participants.

The cool kids might hang out at CG, but for all of its warts, CB is by far the more egalitarian forum. Enjoy your oligarchy.