cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you purposefully killed someone else's pet dog or cat?
yes 1 3.23%
no 30 96.77%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #21
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Seriously? I installed a little plastic mesh fence, but they chewed through it. I finally put in chicken wire, but they find a loose spot and dug underneath. I think I have the problem fixed though. I still would like to kill it for chewing up my red pepper blossoms.
Try putting a little sign in your yard that says "Watership Down" and have an arrow pointing towards your neighbor's yard.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #22
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I'm with Waters here. One way they catch serial killers is people who are cruel to animals. My wife says pets are important because they require kids to learn to develope infinite reserves of patience and kindness and consideration for living things that really are like small children themselves, who can't be faulted for chewing up your favorite shoes, etc., who depend on you to live, etc. It gave me a new perspective (I'm not naturally a pet person).

What Runner's dad did is probably also a crime, maybe a felony. He sounds like a sociopath.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:03 PM   #23
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I never took you for the violent type. Have you ever been in a fight?
I would guess no. Nor has he ever defended his family or his property.

mikewaters is shy. And that's ok.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 07-03-2008, 07:05 PM   #24
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

On the other hand, I nearly had to kill a German Shephard with a spade that kept menacing my children the other day. I didn't want to so I called the neighbor and told him he had to come form wherever he was and put it in the house, and he did, promptly.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:06 PM   #25
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I'm with Waters here. One way they catch serial killers is people who are cruel to animals. My wife says pets are important because they require kids to learn to develope infinite reserves of patience and kindness and consideration for living things that really are like small children themselves, who can't be faulted for chewing up your favorite shoes, etc., who depend on you to live, etc. It gave me a new perspective (I'm not naturally a pet person).

What Runner's dad did is probably also a crime, maybe a felony. He sounds like a sociopath.
Pets are great for little kids....for the first week. After that, it is an endless battle to get the kids to feed, bathe, play with, walk, and otherwise tend to the pet. This is a recurring habit until the pet either runs away or eventually dies. Pets are a novelty for most kids, like any other toy or video game....the novelty wears off and the parents are the ones who usually wind up tending to the pet.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:07 PM   #26
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

My 13 year old takes care of the cat. If she doesn't, the cat goes. Thus, she takes care of the cat.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:12 PM   #27
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
I built a freaking fence to keep them out.. If I could I would kill the rabbits in my neighborhood
I've lost count of the number of gophers I've sent on to gopher-heaven over the years. Of course, nobody keeps gophers as pets...
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:14 PM   #28
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
I've lost count of the number of gophers I've sent on to gopher-heaven over the years. Of course, nobody keeps gophers as pets...
How did you kill them? My neighbor has an infestaton and seems oblivious. I see there little gopher piles moving inexorably accross his law toweards mine and I need to start doing something. Poison? .22? how do you do it?
Old 07-03-2008, 07:18 PM   #29
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I'm not going to cry, I'm going to break your fucking nose.
LOL! Sorry Mike, I can't picture this.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #30
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
How did you kill them? My neighbor has an infestaton and seems oblivious. I see there little gopher piles moving inexorably accross his law toweards mine and I need to start doing something. Poison? .22? how do you do it?
Google "Macabee gopher trap". Any other method is just a waste of time. Any other trap is just a waste of time. You must always buy them in pairs of two because they must be set in opposite directions in the tunnel. I would probably get four if I were you - that way you can set two pairs of traps.

Do not buy any other trap besides a "Macabee" - trust me.

Once you get yourself some traps then let me know and I'll regale you with all the fine secrets of setting them. You are pretty much guaranteed to catch a gopher within 24 hours of setting the traps. I've caught them in as few as 30 minutes.

I would ask your neighbor for permission to set the traps in his yard before the little buggers get to your yard.

Last edited by BigFatMeanie; 07-03-2008 at 07:26 PM. Reason: typos
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote