cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2006, 03:41 PM   #31
Zulu451
house-elf 3rd class

Zulu451 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur
As someone who puts about 5,000 miles a year on my bike and who seldom wears a helmet, I can say without equivocation that you guys are bunch of pussies . Of course it's dangerous, but so what? I realize that there is good chance that I will die on my bike, but it's really not that big of a deal. The danger of it is what makes it exciting. If you've ever driven a car over 100mph then you should understand. There are so few things in life that are truly exciting, that one ought to try and eke out every thrill they can.
Have all the thrills you want, enjoy it all you want. But please, sign your organ donor card and tell you wife that you want her to pull the plug when you have the mental capcity of an eggplant, so we don't have to pay your medical bills for the next 20 years.
Zulu451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:40 PM   #32
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
As someone who puts about 5,000 miles a year on my bike and who seldom wears a helmet, I can say without equivocation that you guys are a bunch of pussies . Of course it's dangerous, but so what? I realize that there is a good chance that I will die on my bike, but it's really not that big of a deal. The danger of it is what makes it exciting. If you've ever driven a car over 100mph then you should understand. There are so few things in life that are truly exciting, that one ought to try and eke out every thrill they can.
We will save this quote for your children, after they reach adult age. I'm sure it will bring them a lot of comfort, understanding finally why daddy went to heaven.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:48 PM   #33
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
We will save this quote for your children, after they reach adult age. I'm sure it will bring them a lot of comfort, understanding finally why daddy went to heaven.
His children won't make it to adulthood. According to the NYT, this brand of insanity is genetic:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/15/he...rtner=homepage
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:08 PM   #34
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I'm one of the few who got in and got out, unscathed.

Of course some people refuse to wear seat belts. They don't like to feel "restricted."

Well, being restricted is better than being through the windshield in my book.

I think it is Farrah's dad and grandad who both hold the seat belt down with one hand next to the buckle, so that it LOOKS LIKE they are buckled in, but really are not. It's the height of stupidity.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:32 AM   #35
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
My children aren't naive enough to suppose I'll be in heaven.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 05:37 AM   #36
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
My children aren't naive enough to suppose I'll be in heaven.
We were all certainly thinking that, but didn't want to say it.

Old 06-19-2006, 10:28 PM   #37
kccougar

kccougar is on a distinguished road
Default Risk of injury on a motorcycle

I can't post a link but I understand the average "life span" of a bullet bike is 18 months.
kccougar is offline   Reply With Quote