cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 12:20 PM   #1
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa
Default Apparently I have some goodwill to build

Who knew?

Discuss.

I'll shut up and listen now.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:22 PM   #2
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Give it some time.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:41 PM   #3
RockyBalboa

Honestly I'm curious.

Apparently there are many on here who despise me and my style and am genuinely asking if there is a hypocrisy that exists or not?

Apparently this board was created because the control of the mullahs on the other board wasn't to the liking. Many have begun to join over here. I'm nowhere near the ignore list on CB, so the only logical conclusion I can make unless told otherwise by those on here who can't stand me is they must not like that I'm a bit blunt and have conservative leanings.

Otherwise, I honestly would like some genuine input constructive critical input. That's all I'm asking. I'm not prideful enough to not listen nor take it in. Just asking for forthright honesty. There is one for sure that would love to see me burned at the stake as it were, and everyone knows who that is, but aside from his refusal to accept any peace offering, I'm curious....is this a forum where one's views and the way they express really accepted or is being exclusionary the real deal?

So far the answer has been lopsided in one direction.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:14 PM   #4
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never personally had a run in with you, (an online run-in that is) but I'll tell you why I have had issues with you. One of the main annoyances on cougarboard is how quickly a dissenting opinion can get shouted down. I have noted that frequently when somebody has posted what I find to be an interesting question, you have immediately posted "Troll" and then you join the others in ensuring that no actual discussion on the issue comes about.

I personally think that Fusnik, though he frequently trolled when he first appeared on cb, has asked some good questions on that other board. I often see you as one of the first people to shut that discussion down. Not just with Fusnik, there have been many others. So, I can only speak for myself here, but my opinion is that you are quick to call "troll" (for proof, do a search under your name over there with the word troll as the text) and to attack personally.

One of the things that I really like about "The Guard" is that issues get discussed without the ad hominem attacks. The Cryptic Permutations room is generally filled with people we have built up a trust with. While discussion at times gets heated, it doesn't get personal. I for one don't have much of an interest in seeing that change. This board is open to all comers except for that one room. Nothing magical happens there except reasoned discussion. As far as my vote goes, when you have a history over here of allowing for such discussion I'd be happy to vote in your favor.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 08:24 PM   #5
RockyBalboa

I appreciate your input. I can't recall where I've been confrontational on here this board.

In fact I was attacked on here by fusnik when I posted a sincere question to one of his posts a few weeks back. The guy simply despises me in spite of my several attempts to offer a peacepipe. I feel bad for him.

I cannot worry what fusnik thinks of me, but I'm grateful for your imput.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:43 PM   #6
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's the "troll" issue. One thing we've been able to avoid here is name-calling and personal attacks. I may be wrong, but my impression of you over there is that you tend toward the personal attacks, particularly where fusnik is concerned. You used to be much more mild-mannered, but lately, you seem to have become more bitter and attacking.

Plus, fusnik has been here since the beginning, and he is a huge contributor in a positive way. I guess some of us just feel like we have his back a little.

If you prove me wrong here over time, my opinion may change. My initial impression of you over there was positive, but that's changed.

Who knows - you may have similar complaints about me, but I'm already in. :lol:

I just think many of us here want somewhere we can exchange ideas without being attacked, and we're just being very protective over here.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 08:47 PM   #7
RockyBalboa

Thanks for your input SoCal. I appreciate your honesty.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:52 PM   #8
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Thanks for your input SoCal. I appreciate your honesty.
At least I didn't challenge you to a fight, huh?

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:12 PM   #9
RockyBalboa

I'm glad you didn't, cause you'd kick my trash!
Old 12-13-2005, 09:15 PM   #10
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ...

oh come on mesa seriously dude.

i have not attacked you here. i said that regardless which board you post on you completely miss the boat when it comes to anything i write. if i said it in a negative manner thats my bad as i assumed your attacking style on the other site woud continue on to this board. i didnt think that simply by moving venue youd all of a sudden want open dialogue with genuine discussion.

i think you act like a prick regardless the peace offerings you have extended my way. i harbor no ill will, i give it not a seconds thought, i dont feel bad, i dont get upset, i dont take anything personally but i do find it lame. i have never understood why in sams hell if you think 95% of the things i post over there are ways to garner myself attention, or troll to rile up the emotions of the masses why you have not ignored me. that makes absolutely no sense.

do you think you are championing a cause?

why continuously call me a troll, call me fat, call me lazy, call me bitter, when you can avoid all that by simply ignoring me?

why extend an olive branch to me right after youve called me a pussy?
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote