cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 04:40 AM   #21
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
Hijack

Speaking of spam, I've been meaning to try a lobster thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce, garnished with truffle paté, brandy, and with a fried egg on top, and spam.
UNHIJACK

My family always had spam fondue for Christmas brunch. That way we could mix the white trash wonder, Spam, with an elite European sensibility. Which fits quite well with our family demographic (minus the European sensibilities). Perhaps the Danisupials could try this for a Christmas tradition as well.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:24 AM   #22
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

So, just for the heck of it, I decided to feed this recipe (listed above) to my family the other day, without disclosing the contents.

Thoughts:

1. This little recipe actually turns out to be rather pricey, all told.

2. The casserole weighs about 15 lbs.

3. Spam Lite both smells and sounds not unlike dog food when it comes out of the can.

4. The husband cannot differentiate between spam and ham. Quote: "Wow, this is really good ham!!" (as he picks all the "ham" out of the casserole)

5. For a limited time only, if you send in five lids, you get a free 70th anniversary SPAM t-shirt. I'm not making that up.

6. The cans also explicitly state "70th anniversary edition." I sincerely hope it's the brand name that's turning 70 and not the actual contents of the can.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:50 AM   #23
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
So, just for the heck of it, I decided to feed this recipe (listed above) to my family the other day, without disclosing the contents.

Thoughts:

3. Spam Lite both smells and sounds not unlike dog food when it comes out of the can.

4. The husband cannot differentiate between spam and ham. Quote: "Wow, this is really good ham!!" (as he picks all the "ham" out of the casserole)

5. For a limited time only, if you send in five lids, you get a free 70th anniversary SPAM t-shirt. I'm not making that up.

6. The cans also explicitly state "70th anniversary edition." I sincerely hope it's the brand name that's turning 70 and not the actual contents of the can.
So, did you like it?
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:52 AM   #24
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
So, did you like it?
um, no.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:27 AM   #25
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
um, no.
That's because you ate it with a closed mind. You knew what was in it and had your preconceived idea about how it would be.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:37 AM   #26
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Thoughts:

Ms. Gordon, I just reported this unfortunate incident of child abuse to Child Protective Services for the state of Oklahoma. Expect a visit soon.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:16 PM   #27
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
That's because you ate it with a closed mind. You knew what was in it and had your preconceived idea about how it would be.

This is what Sushi lovers always tell me.

Sushi is a trendy fad. Every time I tell a new girl I meet that i don't like Sushi the response is always the same..."Oh well you just haven't tried it with me yet or been to the right place."

"Okay then let's go to the right place with you."

We do.

Sushi still sucks.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:22 PM   #28
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post

Sushi is a trendy fad. Every time I tell a new girl I meet that i don't like Sushi the response is always the same..."Oh well you just haven't tried it with me yet or been to the right place."

"Okay then let's go to the right place with you."

We do.

Sushi still sucks.
How dare you mention sushi in the same thread as spam casserole? Blashpemy.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:26 PM   #29
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

My wife knows that I hate casseroles so we have a good time joking about them. Whenever we go to my MIL's house she cooks a casserole for us made of tater tots, hamburger, processed cheese, sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, etc. It is all I can do to gag it down but my wife keeps giving me that glare that says "you will pretend to like it and keep your mouth shut or you won't get any sex for a month." Yes, ma'am.

We found a casserole cookbook a while back and had a good time reading through it. My favorite entry was "Weenie Mix-up". I can't remember all of the ingredients, but it had chopped up hot dogs and two cups (not a typo) of ketchup. Yuummmmm....
Old 04-18-2007, 02:32 PM   #30
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
That's because we're right. Sushi rocks.