cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2008, 02:58 AM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default USC stomping Cal, while poor Tech merely

getting by the Cowboys. I wonder what this does to SC's slim title hopes. So sad.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:58 PM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

At this point, it does nothing to SC's title hopes.

SC just needs to win out. The other teams will continue to cannibalize themselves. One loss in the last few weeks and the teams drop out.

If SC doesnt make it to the NC, then it will have to settle for a BCS bowl. oh, well!

Last night's game was fun, though. two ranked teams playing each other is always fun. And SC's defense almost had yet another shutout.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

Pac 10 refs and the conference must want Southern Cal to win out. Best thing for the conference . I expect to see some suspect calls by the refs against the beavers coming up.

I didn't watch the entire game the other night but there were some very questionable calls. That first touchdown by southern cal that clearly touched the ground. But what was worse was the ineligible man down field that took away the Cal touchdown. Talk about a phantom call. That one was really bad.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #4
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpiney View Post
Pac 10 refs and the conference must want Southern Cal to win out. Best thing for the conference . I expect to see some suspect calls by the refs against the beavers coming up.

I didn't watch the entire game the other night but there were some very questionable calls. That first touchdown by southern cal that clearly touched the ground. But what was worse was the ineligible man down field that took away the Cal touchdown. Talk about a phantom call. That one was really bad.
You obviously didnt watch much of the game.

SC has had 100+ yards of penalties in each of the last few games.

Also, SC had 2 interceptions taken away on the drive that resulted in Cal getting 3 points.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 11-10-2008, 02:58 PM   #5
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpiney View Post
Pac 10 refs and the conference must want Southern Cal to win out.
I used to think the Pac-10 refs deliberately throw games. But after watching them a couple more years, now I just think they're inept.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
You obviously didnt watch much of the game.

SC has had 100+ yards of penalties in each of the last few games.

Also, SC had 2 interceptions taken away on the drive that resulted in Cal getting 3 points.

Yeah, the refs had it in for SC, like the ineligible receiver call on Cal's TD, even though replays showed all of the interior linemen at or behind the LOS while the bewildered announcers marveled at the call, or SC's long TD pass for which replays showed the receiver could have been called for double dribble. SC deserved the win, but the refs helped SC as much as they hurt them. If only Cal had a QB with the accuracy of a Tucano's waiter, Cal could have won that game.
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:56 PM   #7
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
Yeah, the refs had it in for SC, like the ineligible receiver call on Cal's TD, even though replays showed all of the interior linemen at or behind the LOS while the bewildered announcers marveled at the call, or SC's long TD pass for which replays showed the receiver could have been called for double dribble. SC deserved the win, but the refs helped SC as much as they hurt them. If only Cal had a QB with the accuracy of a Tucano's waiter, Cal could have won that game.
At the Coliseum, we practice A+ Sportsmanship.

I find your crass comments about the refs (fellow human beings, btw) to be distasteful.