cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Old 07-15-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
Sea Chicken

Sea Chicken is on a distinguished road
Default Houston, Texas

When I was 12 my family spent a summer in Rigby, Idaho waiting for my grandmother to die. On one afternoon I was particularly bored, so my mom took me to Idaho Falls and dropped me off at the movie theater so I could see Bad News Bears Breaking Training. I remember thinking how cool the Astrodome was and how I'd like to see it someday.

This morning as I went for an easy 3.5-mile run from the hotel around Reliant Stadium and the Astrodome (My first run since the softball injury. The leg is healing pretty well). I felt like Tanner Boyle. I wanted to start chanting "Let them play, Let them play, Let them play." I tried to listen for the ghosts of Bum Phillips and Earl Campbell, but I had my iPod on and I'm pretty sure Earl Campbell isn't dead yet.
Sea Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:48 PM   #2
Zulu451
house-elf 3rd class

Zulu451 is on a distinguished road

Be careful around there, it can be a pretty rough part of town. Nice and level running though. You can get down on the bayou from there and it is pretty nice running.

Houston can be a fun town to visit, crappy place to live.